VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We finished up a prototype ramhorn manifold a few months ago on a customer car and never got a chance to play around with it on the dyno. Yesterday we wanted to see a before and after with the Labonte meth kit that we just installed. The car was strapped down to the dyno for a few pulls. What was supposed to be just a couple of hits to get the meth set up turned into some serious numbers being produced!
Specs on the car are as follows,
2007 GTI 6spd
93 octane pump gas
Stock motor with just IE drop in rods
Unitronic BT software (RS4 injectors)
Autotech HPFP
FFE fmic with Precision 750 core
FFE v-band tubular bottom mount ramhorn, Tial MVS 38mm
HTA 35r with Tial .63 housing
Labonte water-meth kit using standard M7 nozzle.
WITHOUT meth, on straight pump gas at 26psi the car made 433whp
With the meth kit installed, 26psi yielded a cool 466whp with 0 timing pull, working with Mike Z sending logs back and forth some file tweaks were made for the final number of 550whp/454tq at 34-35psi.
We're in the process of developing a full fuel system for the MK5's as well as a cheaper alternative of an additional fuel injector with programmable controller that mounts in the intercooler piping.
Some pics of the setup and a video of the dyno pull will be up shortly, enjoy everyone. If any questions, just ask http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
26psi, Pump + Meth.

34-35psi, Pump + Meth

Both 26psi and 34psi overlayed.

Modified by [email protected] at 4:00 PM 1-30-2010

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
any pics or vids of this set up? dyno vids? nice numbers!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
FV-QR

it made 433whp on PUMP??? HOLE ISH!!!!
No additional injector or anything???
And is the boost n75 controlled?

Modified by yvrnycracer at 5:17 PM 1-29-2010

·
Registered
544 Posts
Re: ForceFed Engineering, 550whp/454tq, PUMP + Meth, w/ Unitronic SW ([email protected])

Those are good numbers, but I am a little dissapointed, I was expecting more from an HTA35R and a proper tune. I made 503whp with a GT3082R which is smaller turbo and only 25psi on the original BT Unitronic file. I am expecting +620whp with a race gas tune and 35psi.
What was the timming advance used on the file?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

We're in the process of developing a full fuel system for the MK5's as well as a cheaper alternative of an additional fuel injector with programmable controller that mounts in the intercooler piping.

Cheaper than what, usp? I heard a walbro clamped to the stock fuel pump set on a hobbes switch can work?

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: ForceFed Engineering, 550whp/454tq, PUMP + Meth, w/ Unitronic SW (Serrari)

No N75, just a manual boost controller. Just using the RS4 injectors, that's it.
No idea on pricing yet as it's all still in the works. the additional injector idea 9when sorted out) would probably be in the $600-$700 range with all the items needed to integrate.
No intentions at all of being a dyno queen, we're doing a suspension set to our specs on the car this coming week and most likely some weight reduction.
Quote, originally posted by Serrari »
Those are good numbers, but I am a little dissapointed, I was expecting more from an HTA35R and a proper tune. I made 503whp with a GT3082R which is smaller turbo and only 25psi on the original BT Unitronic file. I am expecting +620whp with a race gas tune and 35psi.
What was the timming advance used on the file?

I would like to see the logs/dyno run for that 503whp at 25psi.
The RS4 injectors hit the absolute peak at around 500whp mark. The 550whp run had 0 room for improvement (notice the power starting to dip off hard at the end of the run, a/f was in the 13s). While these motors definetly seem to be more efficient then the 1.8t they are no B-series or 4G63, seeing the same numbers out of a 2.0T on the same boost level would be very hard to accomplish.
A nice set of cams, more fuel and some more leg room with the timing would most definetly allow for more power. But none the less, we were very pleased with the cars power output and we're looking forward to getting it to the track and seeing what it can do.
And it's not Jc's car by the way. His car is sitting in the shop right now, roller status

·
Registered
544 Posts
Re: ForceFed Engineering, 550whp/454tq, PUMP + Meth, w/ Unitronic SW ([email protected])

I would like to see the logs/dyno run for that 503whp at 25psi.
The RS4 injectors hit the absolute peak at around 500whp mark. The 550whp run had 0 room for improvement (notice the power starting to dip off hard at the end of the run, a/f was in the 13s). While these motors definetly seem to be more efficient then the 1.8t they are no B-series or 4G63, seeing the same numbers out of a 2.0T on the same boost level would be very hard to accomplish.
A nice set of cams, more fuel and some more leg room with the timing would most definetly allow for more power. But none the less, we were very pleased with the cars power output and we're looking forward to getting it to the track and seeing what it can do.
And it's not Jc's car by the way. His car is sitting in the shop right now, roller status

Here is my dyno run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJGHDuXAKks
I dont have any logs, but the file was not tuned in anyway, it was just the off the shelf one. Using water/meth injection with low 12s AFR.

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: ForceFed Engineering, 550whp/454tq, PUMP + Meth, w/ Unitronic SW (Serrari)

Quote, originally posted by Serrari »

Here is my dyno run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJGHDuXAKks
I dont have any logs, but the file was not tuned in anyway, it was just the off the shelf one. Using water/meth injection with low 12s AFR.

Not trying to say that you're a liar, but I don't see that type of horsepower being produced on that turbo at that level of boost. Especially on a off the shelf file with no tweaks.
What were you running for meth? Are you sure it was at only 25psi?
The file that was on the car was tweaked to the max by Mike Z, who said himself that you will be hard pressed to get more then 500whp out of the RS4's. He was amazed by the 550 when I spoke to him.
Just a little skeptical (for obvious reasons) 26psi on a 30r should not really produce that much power. But more power to your that you made!

Modified by [email protected] at 3:56 AM 1-30-2010

·
Registered
544 Posts

Not trying to say that you're a liar, but I don't see that type of horsepower being produced on that turbo at that level of boost. Especially on a off the shelf file with no tweaks.
What were you running for meth? Are you sure it was at only 25psi?
The file that was on the car was tweaked to the max by Mike Z, who said himself that you will be hard pressed to get more then 500whp out of the RS4's. He was amazed by the 550 when I spoke to him.
Just a little skeptical (for obvious reasons) 26psi on a 30r should not really produce that much power. But more power to your that you made!

Modified by [email protected] at 3:56 AM 1-30-2010

To me it seems the right horsepower at 25psi of boost cause I think you can max out the GT3082R at 650whp. Some company here already got 605whp from a GT3076R.
I was using 50/50 water-meth on that run with a big nozzle, don't recall exactly the size.
I will be going to the dyno hopefully next month, the goal is to reach 650whp on race gas we will see how much can this turbo make.
I have seen numbers on the 2.0 EVO engine making low 700whp with the HTA35R.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.