VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sez _Autoweek_ magazine, anyway.
In the April 15th issue, they claim that Ford officials said the Mondeo will make it to the US as a Mercury.
I hope it's true -- it really could help invigorate Mercury, as well as give us another good car choice in that segment of the market.
In the article, the car could hit our shores as early as 2004. I say, bring it on!
Joe C.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Re: Ford Mondeo is apparently making it to the US after all. (Joe Cook)

AWesome, BUT too bad its another case of Ford being late to the party.
The Mondeo came out in 2000-01 right? So in 2004 it'll be old. By thenthe new passat will be out, as well as freshened Altima, Camry, New Accord, etc.
Why didn't they think of this several years ago? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Edit: and let's not forget the totally awesome Mazda 6! That car should kick Mondeo butt.

[Modified by jastevenson, 9:30 AM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: Ford Mondeo is apparently making it to the US after all. (Joe Cook)

I guess we are probably getting the facelifted version of the Mondeo since 2004 is the 4th year after it launched.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: Ford Mondeo is apparently making it to the US after all. (A4Jetta)

This is just what Mercury needs. True, the car will have been out for a while, but regardless, its a great platform with very attractive styling, IMO and a gorgeous interior. I hope this is the first step to position Mercury as Ford's stylish and sporty counterpart. Given the chassis' rave reviews and infinately superior looks to current offerings, this car is just that.

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: Ford Mondeo is apparently making it to the US after all. (VWteknik)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Way to go Ford. Looking forward to this car.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Re: Ford Mondeo is apparently making it to the US after all. (mtrainVR6)

yeah, I've loved the mondeo since i started watching BTCC years ago

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: Ford Mondeo is apparently making it to the US after all. (igneousGOlF)

ohh...goody! I knew it was coming, it's about time they finaly announced it. It's to good a car to not sell here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts