VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

241 - 260 of 1823 Posts

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,053 Posts

·
Registered
25,061 Posts
Any ideas on what big auto shows are in the spring that might be used for the reveal?

Maybe they will do it at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. :p
These are the dates for major upcoming Tier 1 autoshows (Chicago is not Tier 1 globally but useful for US centric debuts like Bronco)

Nov 2019 - Tokyo odd years (Ford pulled out this year and won't be returning)
Nov 2019 - Los Angeles (MACH E debut)
Jan 2020 - CES (more MACH E variants???)
Feb 2020 - Chicago (Bronco debut???)
Mar 2020 - Geneva (Ford pulled out last year and probably won't be returning)
June 2020 - Detroit (Baby Bronco debut???)
April 2020 - New York (my guess is 2021 Mustang hybrid)
April 2020 - Beijing/Shanghai alternating years (can't imagine Ford not having anything to show here)
Sept 2020 - Paris/Frankfurt alternating years (Mondeo "Outback" debut???)
Sept 2020 - Texas State Fair (F-150 debut)

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
These are the dates for major upcoming Tier 1 autoshows (Chicago is not Tier 1 globally but useful for US centric debuts like Bronco)

Nov 2019 - Tokyo odd years (Ford pulled out this year and won't be returning)
Nov 2019 - Los Angeles (MACH E debut)
Jan 2020 - CES (more MACH E variants???)
Feb 2020 - Chicago (Bronco debut???)
Mar 2020 - Geneva (Ford pulled out last year and probably won't be returning)
June 2020 - Detroit (Baby Bronco debut???)
April 2020 - New York (my guess is 2021 Mustang hybrid)
April 2020 - Beijing/Shanghai alternating years (can't imagine Ford not having anything to show here)
Sept 2020 - Paris/Frankfurt alternating years (Mondeo "Outback" debut???)
Sept 2020 - Texas State Fair (F-150 debut)
Well they moved Detroit to middle of the year (WTF, who made this dumb decision?). Which probably means it won't be a major event anymore, most likely LA or Chicago will step in. Most car makers like to reveal new models around new year.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
Well they moved Detroit to middle of the year (WTF, who made this dumb decision?). Which probably means it won't be a major event anymore, most likely LA or Chicago will step in. Most car makers like to reveal new models around new year.
Over the last few years, CES has become more and more of an automotive show, and certainly a show where many OEMs want to unveil their newest EV and Autonomous technologies. Given the expense and even more so, the resources (manpower) to prepare for that show, having that effectively coincide with the Detroit show in January made no sense. On top of it, the LA Auto Show is barely a month before CES, so it made sense for Detroit to cushion themselves by 6 month from either of those two shows, enabling the OEMs to actually consider unveiling more at Detroit than they would have otherwise. The one unaccounted issue was the increased popularity of the New York Show, which is only a couple of month before Detroit.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,843 Posts

·
Banned
13,776 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hinting at upcoming Bronco production model, Ford’s Bronco R race prototype debuts in the desert to celebrate 50th anniversary of Rod Hall’s historic Baja 1000 win, an overall victory in a 4x4 that’s never been duplicated in 50 years ... https://media.ford.com/content/ford...9/11/04/ford-back-in-the-saddle-bronco-r.html

This has to be the closest thing we have seen to what the actual sheet metal is going to look like. :thumbup: I like that the fenders are peaked like the original.

Some clues have also leaked that say the body may be aluminum.

https://www.bronco6g.com/new-bronco-may-get-aluminum-body-hints-union-agreement/

·
Registered
44,312 Posts

·
Registered
17,725 Posts
This has to be the closest thing we have seen to what the actual sheet metal is going to look like. :thumbup: I like that the fenders are peaked like the original.

Some clues have also leaked that say the body may be aluminum.

https://www.bronco6gforum.com/new-bronco-may-get-aluminum-body-hints-union-agreement/
My mind is connecting the dots, and I like what I am seeing (imagining).
I think there is a lot of that silver Bronco concept from the early 2000s, in this design, while being new and modern.
It should also be less of a cartoon or caricature than the Wrangler, which makes a lot of design compromises because it has to hold to a certain historic look.
I love the Wrangler finally getting some "apples to apples" competition, it will be great for both Jeep and Ford.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
A few more details have leaked out. Ford looks to be serious about the add on options for the new Bronco. This data is from a dealer tour Ford is doing for the new Bronco models.

There will be 250+ accessories to customize the Bronco thru the dealer. Not sure if its Ford/Ford Performance branded but this is after delivery.

They will also be certifying dealerships to sell and work on Broncos

Bronco Sport(baby) will be out next fall
4 door Broncos will be hitting lots in 18 months
Pickup version coming 2nd year of run

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,892 Posts
241 - 260 of 1823 Posts