VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

41 - 60 of 1823 Posts

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Sounds about right. Oh, and with the JL they did away with calling it "Unlimited" probably on account of it being the default version for the overwhelming majority of buyers.
Yeah, it's ****ing weird. The four-door Wranglers still have "Unlimited" badges, and Jeep still calls it the Unlimited in some parts of their website/materials. But Jeep really wants to just call the Wranglers the 2-door and the 4-door.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
TIL that the Ford Everest exists...

·
Registered
20,597 Posts
lol, is there really a huge presence of teens online, who don't know who OJ is? I'll be the first to say I don't frequent many teen friendly hangouts, but between the fame of that chase, that recent TV show, and his "relationship" to the Kardashians, I really struggle to believe that is a common occurrence.
All teens today were born years after OJ’s acquittal. References were old and infrequent by the time they were old enough to hear them. I mean, everyone’s aware of things that happened before they were born, but enough to make a specific OJ-Bronco connection?

I just turned 33 and I remember the Bronco “chase” from when I was 7 or 8. I have zero recollection of OJ as a famous football player (something I learned about later), only as the guy who got away with murder.

·
Registered
17,725 Posts
Can you all believe it was 14 years ago when Ford released this Bronco concept?
Maybe there was a reason they put it in The Rock's 2017 movie...

Doesn't look like a 14 year old concept car.
I thought the Bronco concept was going to be in Rampage?

I am pretty excited about the Bronco!
As a repeat Wrangler owner, I am excited to see an affordable (not the G-Wagen) rival to the Jeep's formula.
It will make Jeep step up their "quality" and performance game, just like the Pony Car wars.
Also, if FCA ends up selling Jeep to Geeley or Dong Feng, it will be nice to have a "domestic" alternative to the Wrangler.

·
Registered
17,725 Posts
Cool, the Wrangler deserves some competition from a dedicated truck maker, only benefits us consumers ultimately. Plus, i am digging the 2.3 turbo motor + 10 speed combo assuming that gets put into everything from Ford.
I wish GMC would get into this segment, also, but I doubt if the market can support 3 of these types of vehicles.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
All teens today were born years after OJ’s acquittal. References were old and infrequent by the time they were old enough to hear them. I mean, everyone’s aware of things that happened before they were born, but enough to make a specific OJ-Bronco connection?

I just turned 33 and I remember the Bronco “chase” from when I was 7 or 8. I have zero recollection of OJ as a famous football player (something I learned about later), only as the guy who got away with murder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People_v._O._J._Simpson:_American_Crime_Story

I thought the Bronco concept was going to be in Rampage?
That image is from Rampage.

·
Registered
88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,025 Posts
Agreed. There's not a chance it will, and I won't mind at all.
That's a bummer. Half the reason I want a Wrangler is that it can do double duty as an off road rig and a convertible to go get ice cream in. I am excited about this Bronco though. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,843 Posts
I just doubt that Ford put the kind of engineering time and development dollars into a topless SUV.

Jeep does it because they’ve always done it. Wrangler is a ground-up open top vehicle.

I’m sure the underpinnings of the Bronco are shared with other, existing, Ford vehicles.

I’d love to be wrong but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
82,851 Posts
I'd die, and go into stupid debt just to get one.

The more I think about this, the more I realize this is not for me.
If this thing really looks great.... people are going to be clamoring for them at first.
I am not paying a premium just to get a mainstream crossover earlier than my neighbor.

But I realize I am not the typical new car buyer.

/cheap bastid out

41 - 60 of 1823 Posts