VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 100 of 1825 Posts

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Also, while you only "clearly" saw Honda instead of VW Golf Mk1, it is a known fact Japanese car designs were heavily derivative in that era - and most surely a lot of them inspired by Euro competitors. Peace :peace:
Not this **** again. The first-gen Civic was released two years before the MK1 Golf, and that Civic (and the concept) were heavily influenced by the N360/N600.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,036 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly thought the reveal of the 2020 Bronco had been relegated to a 2"x2" photo in a magazine but you set us all straight.
Ease up. Do you know how many people see spy photos of mules and then keyboard rage at how the new ______ looks exactly like the old ______? I know that's not the case here. It's just an example of how often folks misunderstand what they're seeing.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Ease up. Do you know how many people see spy photos of mules and then keyboard rage at how the new ______ looks exactly like the old ______?
Exactly. Or how many people have seen renderings of the Bronco and thought that it's what the real thing will look like...........

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,036 Posts
^^^You beat my not-so-ninja edit. :D

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,092 Posts
Hmm, things are looking up. Glad it's not a CUV.

·
Registered
82,894 Posts

·
Registered
82,894 Posts
I was referring to the picture that Ford let out into the wild on page 1.

I like the profile.
You mean 6 weeks ago? :laugh:

Yeah, I think that is what sparked the excitement.
Definitely doesn't seem to look like just another tall jellybean hatchback with predator face. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Source Confirms 2020 Ford Bronco Two-Door and Four-Door Variants, What Is Redback?

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/09/2020-ford-bronco-two-four-door-variants-redback/

A credible insider source has a frame shipping slip that describes Ford Bronco 3DR and 5DR models. In other words, the source claims that the upcoming Ford Bronco will be available in two-door or four-door configurations. The truck frame shipment is going from Canada for Ford of Australia. It includes truck frames for the Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco, and a model labeled as “Redback” (more on this below).
2020 Ford Bronco

It makes sense that the new Ford Bronco would offer both two-door and four-door configuration, if it aims to be a serious off-roader and compete on equal footing with the likes of the Jeep Wrangler. Ford officially release just two images for the upcoming Bronco. You see both of them in this article.

What is the Ford Redback? The shipping slip lists “Redback” under the Model designation alongside the Ranger and Bronco. Historically, there is a high performance exhaust system in the Australian market for the Ford Ranger pickup truck and other Ford vehicles. As far as we can tell, the Redback exhaust is not sold directly by Ford.

Could Ford be considering a special performance version of the Ranger and/or the Bronco with a Redback designation? We do not have more information on it at this time.

One thing is clear – the 2019 Ford Ranger and 2020 Ford Bronco are highly anticipated by truck and off-road enthusiasts everywhere. We look forward to learning more and driving these machines as soon as possible.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
It takes "ballz" to make a 2 doors SUV/Jeep... Ford finally has them... :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
82,894 Posts
It takes "ballz" to make a 2 doors SUV/Jeep... Ford finally has them... :thumbup::thumbup:
It will prolly end up with hidden rear doors like FJ cruiser.

81 - 100 of 1825 Posts