VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some of the posts about different versions of the Forge that are out there...different springs, pistons, etc.
I don't know what the current thinking on the best set up is, but what do I tell relatives to ask for if I want them to go buy me one of these things from Stratmosphere for Christmas? Is there a certain piston color/ aluminum or plastic piston/ strength of spring, etc?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Re: Forge DV - exact ordering specs (Carphuntin_god)

All the valves from here on out come with the aluminum piston. Only difference is in the size of the actual DV - 006 is large and the 007 is a smaller version.
On a side note regarding Stratmosphere's service, I ordered my Forge DV from Stratmosphere about a week and a half ago. I received the 006P (polished) and realized that I should have gotten the smaller 007 version. I'd heard that since the 006 is a larger valve than the stock one, there was a little bit of a fitment issue under the engine cover. Long story, long, I called them up the day I got it and asked to exchange it. I sent it back to them last Monday and no sign of my 007 valve since. I called today and spoke with Bob. After some investigation, he found that my valve had not been sent out yet. Without even receiving (much less worrying about) the valve they sent me last week, he immediately packed one up and said that I should have it by tomorrow! Great service. Good knowledge and good bunch of guys. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Re: Forge DV - exact ordering specs (2001jetta1.8t)

Statmosphere is great, aren't they? I emailed Pete and requested the upgraded internals for my Forge I bought from them last year, and he sent me the parts for FREE! What a great shop-I'll buy again and recommend them to anyone who's changing their DV to a Forge DV.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Forge DV - exact ordering specs (jhirsche)

I third that motion. I ordered a 007P Forge from them and had it lickity-split.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: Forge DV - exact ordering specs (CalDub)

its nice to see shop's who actually care about the customer & not too much short term profit (very satisfied customer = long term profit) i know you said the 006 is bigger than the 007, will i have the same clearance problems in an audi a4 if i get the 006, & is there any performance restriction if i go with the smaller 007?

·
Registered
9,735 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]k, so it makes no difference which one I get for my '00 NB GLX, right?[HR][/HR]​
the only diffrence is if you want to keep your engine cover or not. the 006 will not fit easilly without either modifing or removing your engine cover.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Forge DV - exact ordering specs (jamesb)

sorry to be a pest, one last question...
After hearing about the revisions made to the original forge, has the smaller one (007p) been used as much...and do we know if it has any performance issues yet?
From what I've heard, it sounds like Stratmosphere's/Forge's support is great so that if an issue arises, they'd remedy...but I figured I'd just check.

·
Registered
11,121 Posts

i'm getting the smaller one, i like my engine cover.
like mentioned above, any performance improvements
from large to small?
thanks
darvin

·
Registered
538 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]sorry to be a pest, one last question...
After hearing about the revisions made to the original forge, has the smaller one (007p) been used as much...and do we know if it has any performance issues yet?
From what I've heard, it sounds like Stratmosphere's/Forge's support is great so that if an issue arises, they'd remedy...but I figured I'd just check.[HR][/HR]​
I personally haven't heard any issues with the 007P (in fact, that's the model DBJ is using on his car w/ his 3" turbo back and Evo CAI). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 007 was probably made for the bi-turbo applications since they need two DVs and are probably more restricted with respect to space than the regular 1.8t's. I second the comment about having to mod the engine cover to fit over the 006 - I think it's the vacuum hose that could rub and wear against the engine cover. Props again to Stratmosphere - they really know how to take care of their customers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.