VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I purchased my new Jetta and I noticed it had a shiny silver diverter valve with forge written on it. First things first,
1. Is a DV supposed to sound like a BOV? I cant really tell there is anything there (no woosh sounds or anything) does anyone happen to have a soundclip of a DV in action?
2. I hear these things needed regular maitenance. What do I need to do to ensure it is working properly. I hear there are inserts or something that have to replaced.
3. Any info for someone new to the 1.8t world would be helpful.
4. Also, I know the difference between a BOV and a DV, which is the best setup, I hea GReddy Type S are really nice. I really would like to have that pressure woosh sound when i shift.
5. How much does a used Forge DV go for. If I decide to sell it.
Thanks alot guys!!!

· Registered
198 Posts
Re: Forge DV Maintanance? User Questions. (BoraDriver247)

Hey, i have a 00 1.8t Jetta with that same DV valve and mine is very load, but i also have a cold air intake, if you still have the stock intake on you wont hear anything, also i turned my DV upside down to make it louder and sound more like a blow off valve, this will not harm the engine. As far as the chip goes, im getting one soon my self and my friends has his gti with GAIC and its soooo fast. I will warn you, replace the mass air sensor, they suck! post more ? if i didnt clear something up for you

· Registered
16,177 Posts
Re: Forge DV Maintanance? User Questions. (BoraDriver247)

1. Is a DV supposed to sound like a BOV? I cant really tell there is anything there (no woosh sounds or anything) does anyone happen to have a soundclip of a DV in action?
It's supposed to make a sound, yeah. A BOV sounds like air being pushed through a hole. A DV sounds like air being pushed through a hole... Sounds the same to me, but for some reason people wanna make the BOV out to sound better...?
Anyhow, to hear it you'll need either a CAI or a Pflow, the stock airbox just muffles it way too much. There are clips that I know of, but I'm too lazy to find them. Check Club18t.com.

2. I hear these things needed regular maitenance. What do I need to do to ensure it is working properly. I hear there are inserts or something that have to replaced.
Well, Forge would like you to buy new springs if you increase the boost, so that the spring tension is higher. But you can do this with shims anyway. But, the spring won't wear out, you'll only need to worry about this if you change the boost in some way.
Maintenance, you'll need to open it up every oil change and lubricate it with Mobil 1 synthetic grease. You'll see a spring once you open it up. take that out. Now the part that the spring was in, take that out too. look inside, that's what needs to be lubbed.

3. Any info for someone new to the 1.8t world would be helpful.
Get a Cold Air Intake, it'll sound mean and the better air flow will feel good w/ the engine. Also, now that you have the DV already, you can get chipped, no worries (basically).
4. Also, I know the difference between a BOV and a DV, which is the best setup, I hea GReddy Type S are really nice. I really would like to have that pressure woosh sound when i shift.
Like I said, get a CAI. If you get a BOV you'll run rich
5. How much does a used Forge DV go for. If I decide to sell it.
Goes for 135 dollars new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.