VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: forge dv (mike conforti)

Why not save some money and get the Audi TT DV (also used on '02 VW 1.8T)? It only costs about $35 (I will post P/N when I get it).

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: forge dv (TruEvo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Why not save some money and get the Audi TT DV (also used on '02 VW 1.8T)? It only costs about $35 (I will post P/N when I get it).[HR][/HR]​
Because it's basically the same valve as the Bosch one on the 2000/2001 VWs, isn't it? People have tried the Porsche valve, the TT valve, etc. and they are not fundamentally different. They still fail.
Buy a Forge and forget about it. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: forge dv (G-Funk)

The spring isn't the problem, the whole design just sucks and the diaphragm tears and leaks because of the design. You need a piston valve for reliability and a good seal.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

increase the boost, it's still going to need replacement eventually like most dvs. My neighbors TT had their dv replaced.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: forge dv (mike conforti)

I have a practically new forge i will sell you for $100 which is approximately $50 cheaper than you can get it anywhere else. It also has the new metal piston and comes with all three springs silver,green, and yellow.
email me if you are interested.
James
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Re: forge dv (TURBOLOVER)

Why not just get the BOV kit? I can't remeber who is selling it but I know it's out. That should solve you DV problem?!?!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: forge dv (Forge Motorsport)

FYI, the VW P/N is: 06A-145-710-N. I haven't installed it yet.
Interesting to note that APR recommended the VW valve to me while they sell the Bailey.....

·
Registered
7,725 Posts

i just got a forge last week after my stocker was sricking, no problems. looks pretty and does its job. not a bad peice. all the upsolute reps sell them. andy(wolfsburg_de) or john achilles are probably the closest to you.

[Modified by wolfsburg2, 9:32 PM 12-6-2001]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts