VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow 'Texers!! Last fall was the last time I polished my car. The only thing I remember about the event was it took me all day & night to finish the job. It's because I did the whole thing by hand.
To avoid running out of daylight this time, can or should I use a obitial buffer to either apply or remove the HD-Clean and/or Carbon Wax? If so, will I have another step to do because of the swirl marks from the buffer. I remembered that the hardest part was the HD-Clean to remove because it dried so fast (I did break it up in sections). I haven't re-read the instructions on the products yet so I turn you you guys for help and suggestions. Thanks for reading. Any help is much obliged. XAU

Modified by RAW VR6 at 12:34 PM 5-19-2004

·
Premium Member
36,788 Posts
Re: Forgot.....how to apply the Zymol HD-Clean & Carbon wax on black paint (RAW VR6)

HD-Cleanse with a buffer can be tricky, especially if you use too much, or work it in too much. Overall, HD-Cleanse is a tricky polish and it dusts a lot. However, it leaves an amazing shine, and tastes a bit like chocolate.

Be sure to do the HD-Cleanse before you throw on the carbon. Zymol wax is VERY tricky because it has such a high carnauba content (37%). Use it ever so sparingly, and ONLY do it by hand with the proper applicator pad. Use a side to side motion (use that also for the HD-Cleanse whether applying or removing). Let the wax sit for 20 seconds, take a MF towel and gently buff it off. If you use too much, it will leave little crystals behind, and if you let it sit too long, it won't want to come off.
Here is a pic of my old jetta with HD-Cleanse and Carbon on the hood:

The reflection is amazing, but the wax loses it's "slickness" after a while. My Carbon that I bought 6 years ago is still sitting in my fridge with half of it left - and I had waxed about 12 cars with it. I say again, use it very sparingly!
- Anthony

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Forgot.....how to apply the Zymol HD-Clean & Carbon wax on black paint (RAW VR6)

Spectacular hood!!!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Re: Forgot.....how to apply the Zymol HD-Clean & Carbon wax on black paint ([email protected])

I have been using this combination for a few years now......love it!
My only question is this: How many MF towels do you guys/gals use to buff a car? I ask because they are so pricey, yet I would love to buy a couple......so how many do you really need to buy??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts