VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
On 98.5(local sports radio) this morning they played a quote from his lawyer basically saying that Hernandez didn't have any money left for the legal fight. It just seems really weird to me, why burn so much money fighting the double murder charge if you planned to off yourself?

Maybe protecting his family from lawsuits from the victims families?

·
I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!!
12,007 Posts
On 98.5(local sports radio) this morning they played a quote from his lawyer basically saying that Hernandez didn't have any money left for the legal fight. It just seems really weird to me, why burn so much money fighting the double murder charge if you planned to off yourself?

I think you're contributing a higher level of sophistication to this gentleman than reality would suggest.

·
Registered
16,423 Posts

The lawyer has been quoted the other day saying there were enough irregularities in the initial trial that he could get him off. But the lawyer ate through the last of his cash defending him on this second set of charges so no money to pay for a re-trial. It takes OJ money to get away with murder. Aaron Hernandez didn't have OJ money. He was facing the rest of his life behind bars.

Personally, I'm just glad that this particular circus is finally over. I'm sure it won't be long before the next thug-athlete story makes the front pages.

·
Registered
15,529 Posts
The lawyer has been quoted the other day saying there were enough irregularities in the initial trial that he could get him off. But the lawyer ate through the last of his cash defending him on this second set of charges so no money to pay for a re-trial. It takes OJ money to get away with murder. Aaron Hernandez didn't have OJ money. He was facing the rest of his life behind bars.

Personally, I'm just glad that this particular circus is finally over. I'm sure it won't be long before the next thug-athlete story makes the front pages.
He really should have held his wad until later in his career as an ex-player and sometimes terrible actor to commit murder and blow thru his hard earned wealth. :laugh:

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
He really should have held his wad until later in his career as an ex-player and sometimes terrible actor to commit murder and blow thru his hard earned wealth. :laugh:
The superstar in rent-a-car. MNF color commentator. Cameos in The Towering Inferno and bad Leslie Nielsen movies. A career squandered.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
It's going around. The Burlington Mall shooter was found dead in his cell, too. Hanged himself. And now A-Her. Jared better watch out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts