VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nordic Gold Porsche 911 Targa 4S.
$52K, 60K miles. MSRP $134K. (Ouch, that's $14,500 depreciation per year)

Gotta share this. It's quite rare to even find a brown or green example in the US. There were only something like 2000 997.2 Targa 4S sold in 3 years. It's an AWD hatchback so Macadamia Brown is my ideal paint choice. FTW.
My eye is on a 997.2 C4 S/GTS because Targas with the right options are very uncommon.

(Not this example)

http://www.cerritoslexus.com/Vehicl...rsche-911-2dr_Targa_4S-Cerritos-CA/2845122073

Porsche
2010 Porsche Targa 4SVIN: WP0BB2A98AS733091

MSRP: $133,845.00
Exterior:
Nordic Gold Metallic
Interior:
Black Full Leather
Warranty Start:
December 29, 2009
Additional Equipment
Sports Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
19" Turbo Wheel
Rear Window Wiper
Seat Ventilation
Dynamic Cornering Lights
Bluetooth Phone Interface
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Navigation Module for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Show Finish
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Universal Audio Interface
8W
Nordic Gold Metallic
AT
Black Full Leather
CGA
Headlight Cleaner Cvr Ext.Clr
DAN
Exterior Package in Ext Color
P15
Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
XAJ
Side Skirts in Exterior Color
XME
Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr
XMP
Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
XRP
5mm Wheel Spacers.

If I could I would totally get this for a daily but priorities eh?

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
its absolutely gorgeous. id buy it

·
Registered
20,662 Posts
I can't consider that "gold" despite the color name. Pumpkin Orange, maybe?

Love it and love targas though. Beautiful car.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could prob negotiate down to $48K. $4K would get a legit 125K warranty. Drive it 5 years and sell it. Perfect cross country road trip vehicle IMO. A few mods and it's a 410 HP car weighing about as much as the new Golf R. Better AWD system & DCT, too.
The 997.2 wears some colors better than the 996/7.1. They look dated to me.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Could prob negotiate down to $48K. $4K would get a legit 125K warranty. Drive it 5 years and sell it. Perfect cross country road trip vehicle IMO. A few mods and it's a 410 HP car weighing about as much as the new Golf R. Better AWD system & DCT, too.
The 997.2 wears some colors better than the 996/7.1. They look dated to me.
Have you ridden in one of these for a long time before? I asked a member here about the road/tire noise in his 997 as he brought it home from purchasing it out of state and he mentioned it was tiring. Then a few days a I rode in one for 30min on the highway and now I truly don't know how someone would willingly drive these on road trips without ear plugs.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
911 depreciation is ludacris if it's not a GT3/GT2.

A $130k msrp 2012 GTS is now $63k. :screwy:

Can't imagine it's any worse than a lot of the stuff I've rode in (80s-early 2000s GM cars, Jeep Wranglers etc.). People didn't mind and even said it was comfortable 5 years ago:-/
This Targa is priced over what a Turbo would have 2010 cost so deprecation hit it pretty hard.
That would be a very high miles manual GTS with no-cost Alcantara delete and no Sport Chrono. Most are $70-80K. CarMax had a C4GTS, PDK, alcantara interior, etc. some lucky SOB snatched up for like $65K.

Compared to an equivalently priced AMG or M car most depreciate fairly slowly. $100K 2009 models are still $60K.

·
Registered
20,399 Posts
Have you ridden in one of these for a long time before? I asked a member here about the road/tire noise in his 997 as he brought it home from purchasing it out of state and he mentioned it was tiring. Then a few days a I rode in one for 30min on the highway and now I truly don't know how someone would willingly drive these on road trips without ear plugs.
i dont know how much the changed the interior comfort/noise from a 997.2 to a 991. Or if the targa makes a real big difference (with top up of course), but my dad and i took his 991 c4s on a couple road trips and it wasn't that bad.... One of the trips was ~7 hours with the occasional bathroom break. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Even his 996 wasn't that bad on long trips

but anyways. I really like that color, my kinda local dealership had a used on on the lot for a while. IIRC it was a convertible. The color really pops in person

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Nordic gold is beautiful indeed. OP if you get your wish and get a Macadamia 911 you'll want to keep it forever as they tend to sell incredibly slowly from what I've seen. I saw one for sale for over a year, and another for about 9 months.. pretty sure it was just the color.

I've driven mine 10-12 hours in a day a number of times. No issues with noise. It is after all a 911. Its weird how people complain about things that are not only not an issue but which are irrelevant on the particular kind of car in question. It's like someone driving a camry (or other appliance) and then complaining about steering feel or 0-60 times

·
Registered
46,798 Posts
$53000 and the dealer is too lazy to take pics of the car? :screwy:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nordic gold is beautiful indeed. OP if you get your wish and get a Macadamia 911 you'll want to keep it forever as they tend to sell incredibly slowly from what I've seen. I saw one for sale for over a year, and another for about 9 months.. pretty sure it was just the color.

I've driven mine 10-12 hours in a day a number of times. No issues with noise. It is after all a 911. Its weird how people complain about things that are not only not an issue but which are irrelevant on the particular kind of car in question. It's like someone driving a camry (or other appliance) and then complaining about steering feel or 0-60 times
Are you referring to the same Macadamia GTS that sat for sale online for what seemed like an eternity?

Looked like a pretty car. Unfortunately the person who ordered it (taking the time to get color matched wheels even!) didn't get the Sport Chrono package and deleted the Alcantara option and chose tan leather. There was also a Macadamia 997.2 Turbo S that sat for a very long time.

Nice to see you have a GTS! Is the power noticeable vs. an S?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$53000 and the dealer is too lazy to take pics of the car? :screwy:
AutoNation is the Wal-Mart of dealerships. They don't care. Perhaps it is in horrible condition.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Are you referring to the same Macadamia GTS that sat for sale online for what seemed like an eternity?

Looked like a pretty car. Unfortunately the person who ordered it (taking the time to get color matched wheels even!) didn't get the Sport Chrono package and deleted the Alcantara option and chose tan leather. There was also a Macadamia 997.2 Turbo S that sat for a very long time.

Nice to see you have a GTS! Is the power noticeable vs. an S?

I am indeed referring to the Macadamia GTS that sat for sale. It was for sale about 8 months for sale at one dealer in the northeast and they couldn't sell it so it went to auction then showed up for another few months at a dealer in Alabama (I think).... there was another one too. Not only just sitting for sale, but getting reduced and reduced far below what other similar spec'd cars were going for. I almost bought one of those Macadamia GTS because it was such a good deal.

Thanks. As far as the power difference.. I never owned or tracked a 997.2 S... where X51 makes power over non X51 is up high so it's not something you would notice so much on a test drive. Once the oil is at temp and you can wind it out, you do notice above 6k RPM. The X51 feels smoother in the upper RPM as well. I chose GTS over S more for the rest of the package. Revised suspension, RWD with a widebody, subtle different visual cues like exhaust finishers, etc. My car has SPASM, PDK, and Sport Chrono. I was also taking into account the fact that my TTRS would be noticeably faster than either S or GTS but less of a difference with the GTS, and I didn't want to be annoyed by feeling the 911 was slow in comparison. All in all.. compared to the 997.2 S I test drove a few times and took home for the weekend once.. the GTS is an altogether more serious car, which is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
The Targa 4S is my favorite 997 variant :heart::heart:

I don't know if I've ever seen any 997 in that gold color. It's stunning.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
i dont know how much the changed the interior comfort/noise from a 997.2 to a 991. Or if the targa makes a real big difference (with top up of course), but my dad and i took his 991 c4s on a couple road trips and it wasn't that bad.... One of the trips was ~7 hours with the occasional bathroom break. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Even his 996 wasn't that bad on long trips
Fair enough. Was just curious, as I'm not the only one who's noticed it. That being said, I did take a couple of trips when I was a teen in my grandma's C4 cab with no issues. She was way too trusting. :p

That's an incredibly narrow minded way of thinking. There's a reason owners on 911 forums bring it up from time to time on. I'm glad it doesn't bother you but I think it's stupid to deem it "not an issue" just because it doesn't bother you. It's just not what I'd call a perfect cross country road car IMO, that's all.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
That's an incredibly narrow minded way of thinking. There's a reason owners on 911 forums bring it up from time to time on. I'm glad it doesn't bother you but I think it's stupid to deem it "not an issue" just because it doesn't bother you. It's just not what I'd call a perfect cross country road car IMO, that's all.

It's not an issue because we are talking about a sports car. Not because it doesn't bother me.

Whinging about tire/road noise while discussing a sports car is silly. Next you'll be saying how cramped it is inside, how the steering isn't assisted enough, and how many cubic feet of storage it doesn't have.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts