VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted a white eurovan sitting behind a shop with a bunch of junk cars.
It is the same style as a 93 I saw on ebay. What years did they make that body style?
I saw it was a 5spd.
I have no idea what is wrong with it or why it is sitting there. Would it be worth my time to try and pick it up cheap?
what are they worth?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Re: found a eurovan outback--- info? (28)

it all depends... I'm sure gti_matt and others will set you straight, but I believe that a 5 spd would make it a 93 (2.5 5-cyl). Just like any other car, it depends on the body condition, miles, history, etc....
I have seen earlier EV's go for as little as $500-$800 to ~$3000, though.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: found a eurovan outback--- info? (eve_ill)

so they had the 5spd only in 93 for the EV?

·
Registered
17,546 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 28 »
so they had the 5spd only in 93 for the EV?

Pretty much, as far as passenger vans go.
EVs were available in Canada in passenger form from '92 to '96 5-cylinder manual or auto, and again from '99 to '03 as VR6 autos. Of that first batch, we got them for '93 only. Any other 5-cylinder EV before '97 in the US would be a camper only (auto or 5-speed).
I'd guess that of the '93s that I see for sale, a little less than half seem to be 5-speeds. Not super rare, but not too plentiful either.
If it's in decent shape and you can get it for under $2K, it'd be worth it. Make sure what the rust situation is though. If it's rusty, fughetaboutit...leave it as a parts vehicle.

Modified by gti_matt at 8:31 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: found a eurovan outback--- info? (gti_matt)

Quote, originally posted by gti_matt »

If it's rusty, fughetaboutit...leave it as a parts vehicle.

Modified by gti_matt at 8:31 AM 2-15-2004

I need to go talk to the owner of the shop... also need to decrease my vehicle inventory before picking up another.
how much money are these things capable of bringing as parts vehicles?

·
Registered
17,546 Posts

I'm not sure if it'd bring in much more than any other VW of the same age, although if it's an automatic *and* the transmission is known to be good, youi maybe can get $500 to $1000 for that. New autos for the Eurovan are very pricey so a working used one might be somewhat desirable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts