VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

“We’re about to confirm that we’ve cancelled the Q3,” Joseph, Audi AG’s German PR representative says to me with a smile as I walk past him and into the frigid morning air in the Quebec back country.

He pauses, waiting for my morning din to crack and for me to respond.

“Really?” I ask quizzically.

“Yes, we’ve decided to instead build this,” he replies, grinning and nodding off to my left where I see a rather unassuming little Jeep-like vehicle looking like it stepped right out of a 1960s Davos ski advertisement. Its bright khaki paint looks almost vibrant yellow against an overwhelmingly white snowy backdrop and its white canvas top looks anything but army.

Full Story

·
Registered
'18 GSW 4Mo 6MT, '01 Golf 1.8T
2,053 Posts
I'm sure Craigslist is going to see a spike in the "Iltis" search term for the next hour.

Very cool vehicle!!

·
Registered
84,954 Posts
It looks like they threw away the suv and just kept the ugly stick.

·
Banned
10,283 Posts
Those underhood storage boxes are awesome. They would also be a good place to store that CIS garbage!

I know I'm not the target market but I would by this over a Q3 any day of the week.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
I know they made some turbo diesel versions but they are harder to find than even the regular ones.

There are often a few coming out at the Canadian VW shows as these were the standard Canadian armed forces vehicles and so theres often some available on autotrader.

They put these plastic/styrofoam balls in the gas tank to reduce the chance of gasoline explosions/fires during a mine hit, which in their late age often wreaks havoc with the gas systems (doesn't make CIS any better).

I'd love to find a diesel one... or swap one.

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
if anyone wants one I know of a lot with almost a dozen in it and they're all for sale.

There not to rare up here, our military use to use them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts