VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a copy of this:

Contents:

Here it is Foxers. I hope this is useful for everyone interested. Thanks for your patience!

VW Fox Body Repair Manual

(to download Right-Click on the link and Save Link As)

I plan to keep this hosted indefinitely. If by any chance the link is broken, feel free to PM me and I will fix it or re-host it elsewhere ASAP.

Enjoy :beer:
Chris

ps. MANY MANY thanks to Alain (alaincopter) for taking the time to help me organize and clean up these 115 pages for this document. without him you may have been waiting a few more weeks. This pdf looks so good!

pps. I also have the Wiring Diagrams Manual (more detailed than Bentley) -

1988 Fox Wire Diagram (25k)

1988 Fox Wire Diagram (cleaned up and smaller file size - 8k)

(to download Right-Click on the link and Save Link As)

:beer:
Chris

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
updated the contents photo - should be legible now :thumbup:

with the scanner at work I should be able to get this done pretty easily during downtime. It seems it could be really helpful for anyone with any level of bodywork experience and it's specific to our Foxes! It covers dimensions, cut lines, where and where not to weld, assembly diagrams and instruction, seals, tools, etc...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Fantastic find...!

Excellent work Chris!! I would be VERY interested also! Did some extensive hole patching last summer...would be interested to see how I did, by proper procedures...! Not to mention, would definitely be helpful in my FUTURE endeavors on my wagons (I suspect they may have some SWISS heritage!) :D

CHEERS to your diligence! :beer:

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was on vacation this whole week, so no access to the scanner. I should be able to finish this week. I'm about 1/3 of the way scanned, then have to clean it up and host it.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

:beer:
cp

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Great information on this book :thumbup: reading up on some of the repairs that can be done, shows me that 99% of writeoffs could be avoided if the car was truly loved. Inspires me to keep on going on with my Fox not fearing what's to come :thumbup:

Chris - it's a pleasure to help on making this available for everyone here. It literally is priceless information. Hoping this will inspire many for some spring and summer time body work!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Thanks for putting this information up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.