VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking high and low for a 2 door Fox (Audi 80 B1), preferably in the southeast. Doesn't need a working drivetrain, could even be a shell, but the metal needs to not be too rusted. These things seem to be considerably hard to find now, and i'm about to start checking junkyards unless anyone here has any other ideas.

:wave:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Goodluck!!! I've seen 2 ever. Mine and one in a yard that's waybwaynto far gone to consider.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll actually be in Lake Oswego, OR later in December. I contacted him about possibly coming to check it out. My only concern is that there might be some bad rust because its a PNW car. Thank you for sharing though!

In other news, AoA got back with me and they hardly have any info on these things. After weeks of searching they couldn't really tell me anything. I'll be trying to get in touch with Audi AG next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, road salt and moisture simply dissolves these little cars away. They are an absolute blast to drive though. If you ever get your hands on one check out the Dasher Owners Group (dog). It's a B1 specific forum. Mine is up there along with people from the states, Ireland, and Australia. Very cool stuff. Good luck on your search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.