VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the new euro tuner just because someone said there was a fox in it.. heh i flipped through the whole thing n got so mad that there was no fox only to find that it was on like the third to last page
i really dont like the paint scheme but the gti grill is interesting.. how hard would that conversion be? I would actually prefer the other grill without the side turn signals. if this isnt EXTREMLY hard i will definetly try it. shaving the turn signal and mounting a new signal light somewhere else would be the most difficult part i think

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: fox in the eurotuner (the brit)

i think its got a horrible paint job.. might have cost a lot but i think its ugly cummon who would ever want a silver and blue car?
the rims are really nice and the grill is also interesting
obviously the owner has cash but i dont think the mods are too original. heh still better then mine tho

maybe if it had a turbo or at least a 16v conversion

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (the brit)

Or,
hehe
a blue 93 sedan with a 2.0 bumped up to 11:1 comp running ITBs and a stand-alone fuel managment system, ported and polished crossflow, fat cam, close ratio gear box, lighten flywheel, coil overs, header, full tuned exhaust and some pimpin driver who is just a cool mofo?
would that be good?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (HiJinx)

Quote, originally posted by HiJinx »
Or,
hehe
a blue 93 sedan with a 2.0 bumped up to 11:1 comp running ITBs and a stand-alone fuel managment system, ported and polished crossflow, fat cam, close ratio gear box, lighten flywheel, coil overs, header, full tuned exhaust and some pimpin driver who is just a cool mofo?
would that be good?

Not quite....your about 8 valves too short,

·
Banned
804 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (SuperFox)

Quote, originally posted by SuperFox »
what makes that fox so great to be on eurotuner? can't be just the grill...

In Eurotuner. I set my coffee on Eurotuner.
I'd guess that it's in there because he sent them the picture and info, being a "ride of the month" car and all.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: fox in the eurotuner (DCIFOX)

ya guess so.. not like its a big article on it or nuttin
pretty glad its a wagon n not a sedan tho
im glad my dad had a wagon to give me i like it way more then 4 or 2 door

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (rubin_bc)

I mentioned it because a few issues before that one they had a reader mention if they could like upgrade their engine or something with a Fox and their reply was basically - why waste your time on a Fox? Then low and behold a few issues later one is submitted and published into the 'readers rides' section of the magazine - (now whether the owner is telling the truth about his mods is another story cause it seems to me that it sounds a little far fetched) plus its a wagon! I wish more wagons were considered (if I could find one in good condition I would buy one) but I've had a sedan - and now a coupe - but I just thought I would mention it to anyone interested in seeing it - but those of you that don't (or can't find) have the issue - I found it and scanned it for you - here it is:

Now everyone gets a fair chance at saying what they honestly think

Modified by noodle32 at 1:23 PM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (noodle32)

Quote, originally posted by noodle32 »
I wish more wagons were considered (if I could find one in good condition I would buy one)

Funny you should mention that, I may be putting mine up for sale, as soon as it gets back from the shop. Start saving your pennies.

·
Registered
769 Posts
This is not really up to date I think. I've seen this picture for a long time on Techtonics' web site. The article says that he has a Dasher manifold and Techtonics dual downpipe but this guy sold those parts to my last year.

·
Banned
984 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (DCIFOX)

Quote, originally posted by DCIFOX »

In Eurotuner. I set my coffee on Eurotuner.

I take a steaming dump on Eurotuner.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (angusmf)

Quote, originally posted by angusmf »

I take a steaming dump on Eurotuner.

How can you say that? It's so well-written and so informative.

That wagon is nothing, really. I have spoken to a WF participant who said that even the grille job, which looks cool in pics, doesn't look too good in person.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (noodle32)

Quote, originally posted by noodle32 »
I mentioned it because a few issues before that one they had a reader mention if they could like upgrade their engine or something with a Fox and their reply was basically - why waste your time on a Fox? Then low and behold a few issues later one is submitted and published into the 'readers rides' section of the magazine - (now whether the owner is telling the truth about his mods is another story cause it seems to me that it sounds a little far fetched) plus its a wagon! I wish more wagons were considered (if I could find one in good condition I would buy one) but I've had a sedan - and now a coupe - but I just thought I would mention it to anyone interested in seeing it - but those of you that don't (or can't find) have the issue - I found it and scanned it for you - here it is:

Now everyone gets a fair chance at saying what they honestly think

I think this wagon was nicely done. I've talked to Eric before and he is not afraid to push the envelope when it comes to Fox performance. More power to him. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Re: fox in the eurotuner (Vinzwagen)

Vinzwagen said:
I've talked to Eric before and he is not afraid to push the envelope when it comes to Fox performance.
How so? what about that fox is pushing the performance envelope for Foxes...or any car?

·
Registered
825 Posts

My fox came in a blue & gray paint.

Don't hate

PimpWagen

Hmm....
Perhaps an ABA with a Scirocco Callaway kit...
Now where do I find the walkthru for that?

Guess I'm just glad to find a magazine printing something somewhat positive on a Fox Wagon. The last magizine I have with a wagon on it was VW & Porche that printed back in the late 80's. Although they did have a whole series on upgrades on VW Fox. from brakes to the dasher, TT combo. along with body parts that are no longer made.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote, originally posted by HiJinx »
How so? what about that fox is pushing the performance envelope for Foxes...or any car?

Performance envelope? What kind of gay expression is that?

What the heck was I on yesterday?
Anyways, you must admit this wagon looks pretty nice whether you like it or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts