VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to get to the bottom of this "GROSS POLLUTER" problem,
I am experiencing with my G60.
I am have been removing some careless modifications from the Previous Owner....
I think he did this very half-azz job to begin with.
1st thing I removed was an obnoxious BOV he had installed.
2nd thing to go was the 3.5 inch rice burning sounding muffler system.
I just installed a NEW CAT, and NEW CATBack exhaust system from germanautoparts...
So my main question here, is the FPR that he installed. it's a 3.5...
The car has a 70 MM pulley on the SC, and its supposedly a NEW stage IV charger from KK. (I cannot confirm this, no paperwork, the SC is clean and pulls well, it does have a KK sticker on it, but thats all)
turns out he was less than honest about a few things, so I'm not not sure if its a Stage IV or not.
But he never mentioned any CHIP or anything.
so it seems like my car is somewhere stuck between stock and Stage IV. Is this 3.5 FPR over fueling the car???
I'm just trying to get as close to stock, so I can pass damn emissions!
UGH!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FPR Question on G60, and emissions Stage IV ??? (Knightrider_0070)

I just looked at my mechanic work order when they set the timing, it appears that they set it to 8 BTDC ???
Isn't this perhaps a tad to advanced, which is causing my high CO and HC ratings at the smogger?
anyone?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Re: FPR Question on G60, and emissions Stage IV ??? (Knightrider_0070)

first of all a 70mm pulley is not a part of the stage 4......second I think you are overfuelled by running a 3.5 bar fpr.....I would open up the ecu and check if there is a chip in there or not...cause if not and you do have a 3.5 bar fpr then you are overfuelled for sure.....
If you need a stock pulley I think I have a few kicking around I can send you. Another thing to check about a shady PO is the vacuum hose from the throttle body to the ecu...it has to 1m long exactly!!! I dont think you would have a problem with the timming set to 8 advance....it should be fine, you can kick it back a little to help...but I think the main problem is the combination of the pulley and fpr
good luck!!
Michal

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FPR Question on G60, and emissions Stage IV ??? (V-TEC this!!!)

Thanks for the info! I will check out the ECU ASAP.
Yeah he put a 70mm pulley on it if I remember correctly.
Yeah it does smell like it may be over-fueled, however the car runs pretty damn good and idles smoothly.
ok, so I need to get a Stock Pulley, and a 3.0 FPR.
it's a start! thanks for the info! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.