VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across a few articles on how to make MK7 Haldex sportier/more aggressive. Not sure why this hasn't been talked about on this forum yet, or maybe I just missed it? Don't quote me on this but from what I understood this setting is used possibly on RS3 and/or other VW racing vehicles? It seem like people are getting very good results with this mod on race tracks. I've tested it briefly and I must say that this mod makes my R fort of feel like a rear wheel drive S2000 or E36 M3 that I used to have. Much more power transferred to the rear then in factory setting.

Not sure if anyone else is running these settings but if you are, would love to hear your impressions. Also not sure what kind of a long term effect (wear/tear/stress) it'll have on haldex but I'd imagine that it will not help extend it's lifespan. Pay to play!

Reference sites:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34132&page=2
https://drivetribe.com/p/performance-vcds-tweaks-Dky7b-PTQpqIwVFrasMoeA?iid=IqKY0LzAQ-a5mEpRWMamBA
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/663936-Haldex-Tune-Options/page3

Warning: I strongly advise against this mod for someone who is not an experienced track/race driver and/or does not know or experienced full potentials of their vehicle's handling capabilities in extreme situations. This mod will severely alter driving dynamics of your vehicle and can/may result in loss of control and/or may cause an accident, serious bodily injuries or death. This mod if for off road use only. Do not test or experiment with this mod's settings on public roads. Take your vehicle to a race track if you want to test/learn/experiment or experience full potentials of this mod in a safe and controlled environment. Do it at your own risk. You bear full responsibility for any and all consequences or injuries.

VCDS address: 22 AWD>adaptation>wiring logic>increase traction.
22 AWD>basic settings>reset all adaptation values.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can change this setting in the haldex module with obdeleven as well. I believe it was one of the adaptations available.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does reseting the adaptation values have to be done in order for this tweak to work?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does reseting the adaptation values have to be done in order for this tweak to work?
Don't know, but I did it anyway. Totally going off what I read about on other forums/sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
If this mod sends more power to the rear wheels by default, I'm guessing it also increases fuel consumption in everyday use

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is pretty cool if it works, but when you reset the adaptations does that reset any other vcds mod you have done?

·
Registered
99 Posts
On FL S3 and RS3, there's additional option on Drive Select to pick comfort/auto/dynamic for quattro, I'm pretty positive this is the setting that gets changed, all it does is let Haldex kicks in sooner to provide more traction, since there's slight noise when the Haldex clutch engages, therefore it's defaulted to reduced noise with PFL. With Haldex kicking in sooner and more often, it helps under WOT launch and maybe understeering, but by no mean that it will be anywhere like RWD since most Haldex can do is 50% to the rear, and that's what XDS+ is really for anyway. Downside would be higher consumption, wearing out the Hadlex clutch sooner I've supposed?

·
Registered
424 Posts
On FL S3 and RS3, there's additional option on Drive Select to pick comfort/auto/dynamic for quattro, I'm pretty positive this is the setting that gets changed, all it does is let Haldex kicks in sooner to provide more traction, since there's slight noise when the Haldex clutch engages, therefore it's defaulted to reduced noise with PFL. With Haldex kicking in sooner and more often, it helps under WOT launch and maybe understeering, but by no mean that it will be anywhere like RWD since most Haldex can do is 50% to the rear, and that's what XDS+ is really for anyway. Downside would be higher consumption, wearing out the Hadlex clutch sooner I've supposed?
Wow thats pretty cool that it has those options for quattro. Would be awesome if we could add it so we could adjust 4motion on the fly but probably not possible.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Things I've noticed so far:

1- I now get a solid rear tire spin with ESP on "sport" or "off" instead of a wheel hop before this mod.
2- With ESP on "sport" or "off" you can power oversteer. At some point I had to ease off accelerator to keep the rear end in control (I am running a set of almost bold OEM Contis).
3- WOT feels better in 1-3 gears.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is pretty cool if it works, but when you reset the adaptations does that reset any other vcds mod you have done?
Not that I've noticed. Everything works as programmed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Things I've noticed so far:

1- I now get a solid rear tire spin with ESP on "sport" or "off" instead of a wheel hop before this mod.
2- With ESP on "sport" or "off" you can power oversteer. At some point I had to ease off accelerator to keep the rear end in control (I am running a set of almost bold OEM Contis).
3- WOT feels better in 1-3 gears.
My impression is that this can effect side to side performance only. Any info utilizing launch control on a modded car without tcu tune?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My impression is that this can effect side to side performance only. Any info utilizing launch control on a modded car without tcu tune?
This isn't an XDS or XDS+ tweak which is done in ABS module. This is a Halxed tweak which is done in module 22-AWD

1 - 20 of 200 Posts