VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First of all I would like to state that I have no connection or vested interest with MGP Calipers Covers. I am just interested in this item and wanted to pass this special deal to anyone interested since I cannot avail of it.

My initial planned brake-mods for my A5 are modest, stainless brake lines and red-painted calipers, since I do not plan to track my car. I happened to see this site, calipercovers.com , and thought it would be a nice alternative to painting the calipers. I also thought that it would be cool to have one made with the Audi "rings" engraved on it. To make a long story short, I called MGP and inquired about purchasing a set. Unfortunately, they do not have one yet for an A5. They offered to make a prototype using my car for free, but unfortunately MGP is in Southern California, and I am on Long Island, NY! MGP suggested that I post on the Audi forums this offer for anyone interested, so here I am doing it since after a prototype is made, I would be then be able to order one for myself.

There is a common misconception that these were designed to imitate a big brake kit. They are NOT meant to do this. As a matter of fact, MGP refuses to place Brembo or any other bbk labels on their products. I posted about these caliper covers previously at another forum and got a few disparaging remarks about these covers, and before I get criticized over here for my choice of covers over painting the calipers, I would like first to state "To each, his own." I am not forcing my choice on anyone or saying that covers are better than painting, I just thought there maybe others who like them too and would like the opportunity of a free set.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot...

If you would like a free set and you are in Southern Cali, just contact MGP Caliper Covers. Their contact info is on their website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts