VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned out my door latches yesterday and put everything back together. I adjusted the freeplay, or so I thought! The door closes and latches, but when I lock it, the little knob goes down, the red light comes on, but I can open the door as if it wasn't locked. I am assuming I did the freeplay adjustment wrong, going by the Bentley (we all know how it can be very vague at times). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Re: Freeplay adjustment? (markymark420)

When you were cleaning out the latch, on the lower part of it the lock rod connects to with a white plastic sleeve, it slides over a metal arm that sticks out of the lock/latch box near the bottom, make sure this is connected, its what actually locks your door. The vacuum will still pull the lock down and make it look like its locked but if it is not attached at the latch then it will still open. Did I make sense?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Freeplay adjustment? (Cyterio)

I know exactly what you are talking about, but I am almost positive I slid both latches into their sleeves. Well it is worth a shot to check out, it is just a pain in the but to put the metal rod w/ the eyelet from the interior handle back onto the latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts