VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car was delivered it came standard with a great option that sadly is disappearing. Whenever I used my windshield washer, through the vents came a very nice burst of lemon sent! I assumed that it was the washer fluid or an additive that my dealer put in. When I went in for my 5,000 mile oil change, I asked the technician what kind of product they used to achieve this phenomenon. He had no idea.
He told me that the cars come that way from the factory, and that all they use is regular washer fluid.
Anyone know what product the factory uses to do this?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Re: Fresh Lemon Sent? (NickB)

Apparently washer fluid in Europe has more alcohol in it than our US equivalent. I guess that's what creates the smell (I don't think mine really smells like lemon, but its definitely something). I might have to order some to refill mine... but that might be excessive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Fresh Lemon Sent? (NickB)

This is the most amazing forum EVER! Thanks for all the help...looks like I might have to get into the import business.
For now does anyone know how to get this stuff in the US? I did a part # search on parts4vw.com without any luck.

[Modified by DenverDriver, 6:04 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Re: Fresh Lemon Sent? (DenverDriver)

When my car was delivered it came standard with a great option that sadly is disappearing. Whenever I used my windshield washer, through the vents came a very nice burst of lemon sent! QUOTE]
As nice as this may sound, ya gotta really think what you're inhaling in regular traffic...pollutants and the like...do the recent models have an air filter system? I was actually surprised I was able to smell the washer fluid when I had used that function the first couple of times after purchasing my car...and no, it's not a lemony scent...more like a chemical scent.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: Fresh Lemon Sent? (VWMarco)

I know exactly what you're talking about. Strange that it does that. I used to squirt it even after the windshield was clean. I might have to get some of that stuff too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
745 Posts
Re: Fresh Lemon Sent? (RyanFD_1.8T)

Is this method safe? Did you add it straight to the car or added to the fluid before added to the car. I really really want the smell back and i'm thinking about adding a tablespoon of dish soap but am afraid it might cause problem down the road...... any advise?
Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.