VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this motor for a Suzuki Samurai conversion but decided to go a different route with the Suzi...
I bought this IDI turbo motor from a local collector and proceeded to do a complete tear down and rebuild. Everything new and almost $1,100 spent to have the pump rebuilt professionally.
If you see some stuff in the picture that looks odd or out of place those are the custom Suzuki parts (motor mounts, oil filter adapter, etc.) that are not included in the price. I will
deliver within 100 miles of Eugene, Oregon. $2,500

·
Read Only
46 Posts
Does it run? What does it need to run? What will it need to be dropped in a mk1, motor mounts, oil filter adapter, anything else? Mechanical head? Do you know the engine code? I have a MF that took a **** and shop is booked for a few months, so I might just swap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have never started it. Just sitting on the engine stand. Timing belt not on yet. Don't have stock motor mounts but do have stock oil filter mount. Should be pretty much complete...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is a 1.6td block as it has the oil squirters unique to those motors. I spent a long time finding a rebuildable core (100 miles away) then made two trips (160 miles round trip) to WSK machine shop in Roseburg to have the block bored and the head rebuilt. Then I made another two trips up to Eugene (160 miles round trip) to Oregon Fuel Injection Inc. to rebuild the pump ($1,100).
I have every penny of $2,500 invested in this build...new pistons, rings, bearings, timing belt, machine work, original cost of the motor...
I know how hard these things are to find and I'm not in any way desperate to sell it. I figure it's only gonna be worth more in the future...

·
Read Only
46 Posts
I'm going to see if my block is good and go from there. If not I'll be getting back in contact with you. Wsk a company you recommend? It's about 2 hours from me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.