VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't imagine this one. Hope for the best on both sides but it's a pretty bad one. My father is an accident reconstructionist and says that this picture showcases "Point of Impact, Intrusion and deformation". I don't know if there is anyone else on the board that is facinated with how accidents happen and why and how to prevent them like I am, but this is quite a pic for learning.
PS: I am not posting this to be a sicko or to flame anyone, this post is stricktly from a learning perspective.

Modified by Tnmax21 at 11:08 AM 1-9-2004

· Registered
16,844 Posts
Re: Friday morning eye opener (Tnmax21)

i'm going to venture a guess and say that if the biker was wearing leathers and a helmet, he should be "reasonably ok" as in messed up, but will live...
he would be flying through the air "long" before the bike went through the car...

· Registered
16,844 Posts
Re: Friday morning eye opener (lsinlv)

Quote, originally posted by lsinlv »
no pic

just saw it

· Registered
151 Posts

i saw a similar photo to this one except you could see the bike riders helmet-clad head sticking up above the wreckage and his legs still wrapped around the bike. i'll try to find it.

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Friday morning eye opener (KevOs 4x4)

Quote, originally posted by KevOs 4x4 »
i saw a similar photo to this one except you could see the bike riders helmet-clad head sticking up above the wreckage and his legs still wrapped around the bike. i'll try to find it.

I was posting to show what happens as far as the facts, not to see gross things

· Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (nilocs)

Quote, originally posted by nilocs »
how could a motorcycle cause so much damage to even that car? I cant believe it

Are you kidding? Its a Metro.....have you ever driven in one of those. I'd feel safer walking. If the bike was doing any kind of speeding, that kind of damage is certainly possible.

· Registered
'22 Maverick. '03 9-3, '67 Fairlady
23,721 Posts

Why does it look photoshopped? Look right below the tank, and you'll see some duplicated patterns where the frame is.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.