VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving through Milford, MA and this cavalier with four people in it goes by and I notice the driver had a pretty badass mullet so I stared (like an car accident...I had to!!) a moment too long and when I turned back to the road...the Ford escape in front of me wasn't moving and I was.....I had just enough time to jerk the wheel to the left and try and get around it and get some more space to stop. No dice....oncoming traffic. So below is the result.
The other car only had a couple of scrapes of course (#$%&@ SUVs). Ironically I was on my way to a junkyard so I already banged her out and replaced the fender. I just finished a few hours ago and don't feellike taking pics but I'll post some tomorrow. Actually pretty proud considering it was $25 to fix by myself. (I have the hood but only the corner of the old one is bent so I'm going to put off putting the new one on until I fix the rust and setup the washer nozzles) Anyway,
GOT AN H4, THANKS

What happened to her Ford Escape...

Modified by PetrBrno at 12:21 AM 2-15-2004

Modified by PetrBrno at 9:51 AM 2-15-2004

Modified by PetrBrno at 3:31 PM 2-18-2004

Modified by PetrBrno at 1:24 AM 2-22-2004

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: Friday the 13th??...Nope, I'm just dumb! (PetrBrno)

Quote, originally posted by PetrBrno »
...She only had a couple of scrapes of course (#$%&@ SUVs).

I love when it's the SUV's fault for the other person not paying attention....

·
Registered
14,333 Posts
Re: Friday the 13th??...Nope, I'm just dumb! (VW97Jetta)

sux......
I'm down for helping ya get replacement junkyard parts......
red, white, blue, and (insert new color here..)

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote, originally posted by VW97Jetta »

I love when it's the SUV's fault for the other person not paying attention....

Good, we're all glad....too bad I never said anything about it being the SUV's fault
. In fact, the title of the thread makes it pretty clear I blame myself. The #$%& SUVs is a generalized comment aimed at the outcome of collisions between ANY SUV and ANY passenger car.
SUV: scratch on bumper
Car: crumbled hood or some other major damage
So please don't jump to incorrect conclusions and give me crap before reading for comprehension a bit more

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Friday the 13th??...Nope, I'm just dumb! (VReihenmotor6)

Quote, originally posted by VReihenmotor6 »
sux......
I'm down for helping ya get replacement junkyard parts......

already done fixing...just need the 7" round but a few kind souls have already chimed tryin to help a dubber out. Thanks

Modified by PetrBrno at 12:19 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Friday the 13th??...Nope, I'm just dumb! (EvilVento2.oT)

yeah it was easy. completely missed the wheel so nothing serious. Just some banging back into place, primering, and $25 for a new fender. Now if only I could fix my pride that easily!!!
We'll see how much the lady in the escape wants tomorrow....hopefully not much more than the cost of a new bumper (~$400)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts

Quote, originally posted by PetrBrno »

The #$%& SUVs is a generalized comment aimed at the outcome of collisions between ANY SUV and ANY passenger car.

Good cover....

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote, originally posted by VW97Jetta »

Good cover....

Again...I'm happy to be enlightened by your deep thoughts there Jack Handy. Now please go unto others and spread your particular brand of wisdom somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

btw, Got a used H4 already so thanks for all the people offering them up!!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts

Perhaps if you were actually paying attention while driving, this thread wouldn't have existed

And yes....I remember when some moron who wasn't watching the road rear-ended my Escape....crunched up the bumper and had to replace the hatch.....but totally f'ed up the Camry's front end that hit me. All I can say is, thank God for my tow bar http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by VW97Jetta at 3:58 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

actually this thread wouldn't have existed if I hadn't posted it....but anyway I'm done with your lame displays of a superiority complex.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts

No superiority complex....just merely stating facts. But anyway, life goes on.....

·
Registered
26 Posts

Impressive fix up job! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

No matter whose fault it is, it still sucks when you come out with all the damage and the other guy has nothing to show for it. Keep on fixing that awesome MK2 of yours- she's a hotty!

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Friday the 13th??...Nope, I'm just dumb! (yolkswgn)

Yeah, I did get that from you.....whats up?.....sorry to say I didn't put it to very good use! Instead of scrapping the whole thing I glued it back together (only broke off the loop on the end for the light) and leave it on for now cause moving the 5" rounds was a much bigger pain in the ass than I thought it was going to be!
Just got back in from installing the 7" round. I got all the work done on saturday in about 3 hours (except for the 7" round which took me a little longer to get).
Here's the result....

keep in mind I did a half-azz job on reshaping the rad support to acccept the lamp since I may get a new one and I just didn't feel like swapping the hoods since the extent of damage is not bad and the replacement hood is white!! This is obviously temporary and I plan on spending more time on this once I can feel my hands while working http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif So please keep the flaming to a minimum. Thanks

Modified by PetrBrno at 3:40 PM 2-18-2004

Modified by PetrBrno at 6:13 PM 2-18-2004

1 - 20 of 31 Posts