VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Re: friend just bought 2002 1.8t GTI.....what are the "vortex" mods for Mk4's (schtebie)

chip!
Other common "early" mods include intake (CAI is the flavor of the month), wheels, grill (oetting, kamei, etc.), painted valences, clear side markers, clear corners ("pizzys"), and, of course, droping the car to remove the 4x4 look! (I prefer coilovers for that)
edit: also a new head unit! The stock Monsoon sounds like C R A P
--noah

[Modified by noahlh, 8:28 PM 6-2-2002]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: friend just bought 2002 1.8t GTI.....what are the "vortex" mods for Mk4's (VRsixVW)

Audio TT pedals, sunglasses holder, alum dash kit, Caractere side skirts, JT Motorsport side, Euro front lip & rear bumper, In-Pro clear tails, Kamei grill and wide body.. of course these are just my favorites!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: friend just bought 2002 1.8t GTI.....what are the "vortex" mods for Mk4's (VRsixVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]im normally in the mk3 forum and i know over there, there are tons of mods and things we do right away to a stock car (drilled airbox, debadge, take off mudflaps, drill airbox, ECT ECT)
what are some mk4 GTI 1.8t easy mods
wanna start helping him get his gti project on the way[HR][/HR]​
if ur saying what i think u mean then u mean the pure labour mods that arent extravagant. well debadging is an obvious one. also, as aforementioned joey mod is sweet. dont forget to disable the DRLs for increased bulb life and better looks during the day. i think a new one may be to put a spring under the clutch to make it stiffer? umm remove the tow hook cover and put it somewhere before it gets jacked or falls off by itself... thats all i can think of... except for possibly taking off the air bag warning sticker from the sun visors

oh ya: if he has a double din head unit and it sounds crappy, then there's a DIY fix for it somewhere on the 'tex. wires were crossed, people were disappointed, heads started to roll... it was an ugly scene... how could vw mess that up anyway?

[Modified by Anthrax, 9:15 PM 6-2-2002]

·
Registered
32,664 Posts
Re: friend just bought 2002 1.8t GTI.....what are the "vortex" mods for Mk4's (Anthrax)

first, before you do any mods at all, go to any local honda/import shop and buy all the stickers they got, then randomly splat them on the car. drill 2 holes into the hood for wiper nozzel lights... then underglow is a must. finally, a big aluminum kombat wing, there, your set for vortex approval.. hehe

EDIT: oh yeah, and definately Altezza tails, be sure to rebadge your car as an Altezza... right above is a fine example (he/she Must get some stickers though)... dont buy rims though, cause vortex will think thats ricey... same holds true for engine mods, we are very picky about obeying our warenties, only hondas go and void their warenties...

[Modified by T0oDamnFast, 12:43 AM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
851 Posts
Re: friend just bought 2002 1.8t GTI.....what are the "vortex" mods for Mk4's (T0oDamnFast)

Haha, that wing is sweet. There's a kid around here with a big ol wing on a honda, so we made a sticker that says "Powered by Wing" and put it on the car

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: friend just bought 2002 1.8t GTI.....what are the "vortex" mods for Mk4's (nolimitsoldier)

quote:[HR][/HR]Haha, that wing is sweet. There's a kid around here with a big ol wing on a honda, so we made a sticker that says "Powered by Wing" and put it on the car
[HR][/HR]​
LOLOLOLOL
get a pic if u can!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,072 Posts

check the 1.8T forum.....anyway I would bet you are going to here: chip, DV, exhaust, CAI....and from there ther are a wealth of other things: look into suspension first and foremost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.