VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a front lsd for my r32 and probably add a rear lsd later on. Is there anyone here that runs the front lsd? i would appreciate any input.

thanks

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
The car has wavetrac front and rear. I do not own said car yet, but have paid a deposit... thus, I will soon ;)

The front feels great, I had another AWD MK4 vehicle with it, little bit of funky steering at very slow speeds in tight turns, but all the other times felt great. Between the LSD and the H2sport spindles that corrected geometry a little better, the car felt great through turns, power on. And when I turned AWD off, the 2 front wheels would put the 400~ whp down nicely, i mean it was spinning, but still going.

I'm looking forward to feeling how this car feels with F/R

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car has wavetrac front and rear. I do not own said car yet, but have paid a deposit... thus, I will soon ;)

The front feels great, I had another AWD MK4 vehicle with it, little bit of funky steering at very slow speeds in tight turns, but all the other times felt great. Between the LSD and the H2sport spindles that corrected geometry a little better, the car felt great through turns, power on. And when I turned AWD off, the 2 front wheels would put the 400~ whp down nicely, i mean it was spinning, but still going.

I'm looking forward to feeling how this car feels with F/R
that sounds great! please lmk your impressions.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Recently rebuilt my transmission and did both the front and rear peloquin.

On the drive home, noticeable difference in one of the fun corners. However, car has sat since due to some other issues on the way back :(.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Recently rebuilt my transmission and did both the front and rear peloquin.

On the drive home, noticeable difference in one of the fun corners. However, car has sat since due to some other issues on the way back :(.
did the car feel more planted?
I am on the list for a front lsd from peloquin. I keep bothering about a run of rear lsds but there are not enough people yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
did the car feel more planted?
I am on the list for a front lsd from peloquin. I keep bothering about a run of rear lsds but there are not enough people yet.
I'd say so, but I want to drive the car a little more to be sure I am not making things up in my head. I'll follow up on this post once I get some drive time in. Parts to fix (hopefully) the other issues arrive in a couple of days!

If you're interested in front and rear I'd just keep in touch with Gary. He was great to work with and I think continuing to check in with him helped.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say so, but I want to drive the car a little more to be sure I am not making things up in my head. I'll follow up on this post once I get some drive time in. Parts to fix (hopefully) the other issues arrive in a couple of days!

If you're interested in front and rear I'd just keep in touch with Gary. He was great to work with and I think continuing to check in with him helped.
Please comment with your driving impressions! Good luck with parts and taking care of your issues!

Gary is great! I'm just waiting patiently. Once I eventually get my get my front I will have to wait for the rear.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I have my front one is in a box still 😞. Kinda was going install it but then realized i wanted to upgrade the forks so i need to do that too. Figured id wait till my clutch goes out or i finish up my other motor first. I wasn't aware Gary stopped making the rears 😞. I don't want wavetrac 😞

Reactions: de4life

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have my front one is in a box still 😞. Kinda was going install it but then realized i wanted to upgrade the forks so i need to do that too. Figured id wait till my clutch goes out or i finish up my other motor first. I wasn't aware Gary stopped making the rears 😞. I don't want wavetrac 😞
you wanna sell that lsd ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
he still sells them. he just needs a certain number of orders before he puts them into production. if you want one contact him and put your name on the list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts