VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car was in an accident a few months back, had the hood replaced and the front bumper resprayed. Looking over her today I noticed that the front is not lining up. Is this normal or is it not on right?

Modified by Shmoflo at 5:41 PM 4-28-2010

·
Banned
53,529 Posts
Re: Front Bumper not lining up? (Shmoflo)

Quote, originally posted by Shmoflo »
....front is not lining up. Is this normal ....

No, it's not normal. Did it change since the work was completed or did you approve it that way at the time?

·
Banned
2,356 Posts
did they take your front bumper off? IDK why it's designed that way, but it can still be securely attached to the car without being put back on perfectly flush. Check to see if it's not sticking out on one side too much.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: FV-QR (VWeisgerber)

Quote, originally posted by VWeisgerber »

hahahahahahah, that's one way to get low......
is that a small tree wedged between his car and your hood? lol this is an amazing picture

yep not to mention the tree actually survived.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: FV-QR (idwurks)

Quote, originally posted by idwurks »
I would say that your HOOD is not properly aligned. It needs to be shifted forward.
Any pictures of the back of the hood where it meets the fender?
Bumper fit looks good though

Sorry for the hand in the pic, didnt want my base sticker number getting out due to my job and security reasons

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Shmoflo)

Looks perfect there. Weird. Did you ask them if the hood was OEM? It may not be. Also - have you checked behind the bumper to see if there are any shims or anything (up around the grill)? I can't really figure this out either

Don't get me wrong, it doesnt look BAD - but it does look odd.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Shmoflo)

Yeah just check the bumper up behind the grill. I would say that everything looks decent though. There won't be much you can do.
Worst case scenario, you could adjust the hood feet so the hood sits a litttttttle higher, which will make the transition look a little less obvious.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: FV-QR (idwurks)

Yeah it just started to sprinkle again outside, and I have no garage so it will have to wait.
It just looked a little off to me, and was starting to stress me out since I didn't get to pick her up from the shop, but now that people are saying it looks fine is a sigh of relief. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.