VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my homework and searched the forum before posting. About my 2019 Tiguan I’m planning to change diff and haldex fluids. My questions:

1- my understanding is that the front diff share the same oil with the transmission. Is that correct?
2- when people say “ I replaced the front diff oil on my Tignan” they are likely confused and meant they replaced the bevel box oil. Is that correct?
3-I found that the OEM part numbers for the diff’s and haldex fluid. But I would be interested to get the Volkswagen fluid viscosity and specifications for these fluids (such 0W-20 VW 508 for motor oil). Does anyone have this information?

Many thanks !

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
20,623 Posts
I did my homework and searched the forum before posting. About my 2019 Tiguan I’m planning to change diff and haldex fluids. My questions:

1- my understanding is that the front diff share the same oil with the transmission. Is that correct?
2- when people say “ I replaced the front diff oil on my Tignan” they are likely confused and meant they replaced the bevel box oil. Is that correct?
3-I found that the OEM part numbers for the diff’s and haldex fluid. But I would be interested to get the Volkswagen fluid viscosity and specifications for these fluids (such 0W-20 VW 508 for motor oil). Does anyone have this information?

Many thanks !
VW uses Fuchs 75W gear oil for the front and rear bevel box (rear diff), for the extra fuel economy. No issues using 75w90 gear oil in the front and rear bevel box.
TITAN SINTOFLUID FE SAE 75W | Automotive lubricants | FUCHS LUBRICANTS CO. (United States)

Not much info is available on Haldex fluid, so you're stuck with Haldex fluid, whether it's from VW, or a small handful of brands (like Febi and Ravenol)

Reactions: NicklausVW
1 - 3 of 3 Posts