VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO

GOD DAMNIT i got a stupid fix it ticket up at Venice beach to put my front license plate on...i can't drill holes into my baby front licenses looks horrible. Please someone help with some ideas or experiences...can i just velcro it on!!! Any lil devices that won't mar my car so when i move i can take it off! I will not drill!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (dosnt_drive_a_honda)

how do you prove to them that you have fixed it? Can you just pay the ticket and hope you don't get pulled over again??
My signifigant other just suggested that you stick it in your front windshield??? LOL
I don't know.. anything but holes in the bumper, right?!

Modified by 03RabbitGTI#0557 at 6:36 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (s3GTI)

No thers no paying in fix it tickets. I have to show the judge a picture or bring it down to the sherifff station and somone certifes that it's had the license plate put on.
They do it cuz down here they have cameras on the traffic light poles to take pictures of ppl who run redlights and then they go over the pictures and send tickets but they have to see the front license plate to do it.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (s3GTI)

I was going to do that, but noticed that part of the plate rubs against the front spoiler, which I think will mark up the paint. I've heard of people using velcro or some 3m double sided tape....
Quote, originally posted by s3GTI »
zip tie it to a lower grille

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (VW TANK)

what about you take a pic of the car straight on from the front for me and a good clear pic of your front plate off the car (outdoor lighting) and i will photoshop it on for you and you can print it out and bring that hahahah...
-Mike

·
Registered
952 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (XSSIVE)

i was in home depot the other day and right next to the counter they had all weather velcro extreme, i think that was the name. seems like it might work.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (VW TANK)

Quote, originally posted by VW TANK »
what about some double sided 3M adhesive?

works wonders

·
Banned
666 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (halchka99)

zip tie, and hang it off the grill just under your rub strip.. there is no law that says you can't getto rig it on there. even though its obvious that you're going to snip it off as soon as you leave. but i wouldn't know

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

just use telephone cable and hang it through the grill. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,219 Posts

i dont have a pic but i used plastic wire ties where the vents and front skirt meet looks fine its kinda tucked back and the jakes could still see it. when you go to a show or something you could just cut them off no tape, no adhesive, no holes thata your best bet... dont tie it to your grille.....

·
Registered
743 Posts
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (03rabbitgti)

I zip tied the plate holder that came withthe car to the lower grille with a little weater stripping to prevent rubbing. No problems with the cops and the weather stripping prevents any paint damage.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (grnjetta6)

I kinda want it off to the side. I would just put it on my dash board but now they have these stupid cameras on the traffic lights to catch red light runners so i think they HAVE to be on the front. Bastards...i'll do anything but drilling. I wonder if i get the ticket taken care of then take it back off cuz it was venice police that handed it out...thats like a place i never have to roll to unless i want too.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Venice Beach police are horrible giving out dumb tickets. I parked my 1970 VW Bug in front of ZJ Boarding House and got a ticket for not having a Vin Number visable. Not having a front license plate is just another excuse to give out tickets around the L.A. area.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (BlueR32Golf)

Hmmm suction cups, thats ****ing genius...but how can i pull that off? Yah venice cops are lil *******. But there hard as **** and have seen everything under the sun.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts

looking for the same thing, after 2 tickets for no front plate. someone on here had a suction cup license plate holder, can't remember where he got it from. i already checked all the local auto part stores. you may need to check out some online stores, i'm doing that now.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: FRONT LICENSE PLATE FIXIT...NOOO (genxguy)

If you have ANY luck post it so we can not have to drill in our cars and beat the system muahahaha

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

THe following are hypothetical solutions. what you are about to read will only work in states that do not require front plates.....ok with that outta the way...... i do not suggest you try to break the law in any way. i never would!
heres what you do. just buy some cheap arse suction cups at homedepot. they wont really work. what you do is attach the cups to the plate and just put the whole thing in the back of your car. if you get pulled, just tell the cop your plate fell off and show him the contraption in your trunk. yes sir, i hit a big bump 10 minutes ago and it fell off...see here it is. 99% chance he will tell you to get it fixed. alternative, tell them you just bought your car and your dealer had to order the mount for the plate, but keep the plate in your car. cops are generally pretty cool, if it looks like you are being legit, they will just tell you to get it fixed.
just some ideas to help avoid drilling holes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts