VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here in NJ the authorities are very anal w/ just about everything, this includes the law to have a freakin front plate on the car. I personally don't have a front plate on my car because I have replaced the front bumper twice and just can't bring myself to drill holes through a $1200 bumper, call me crazy
I am getting to the point where I am not fully enjoying my driving experience due to the threat of getting pulled over. 6 times in the past month. 1 ticket.
So my question to all my fellow VW nuts is are there any manufacturers that make a bracket for the .:R32 that sticks out of the front passenger side grill that I can mount the plate on.
I wish I had a pick of it but I have seen it done on MKII's and MKIII's.
Pics and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
4,569 Posts
i doubt anyone makes one, but i'm sure you can make one yourself. under the driver/passenger air dams, the screw behind the mesh that mounts the bumper to the sub-frame would be a great place to run a metal strip out the mesh and flip it up to mount a plate on.

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: front license plate? (NJVR6er)

You could get the earth magnets and make a plate holder that's removable from like a TT or something.

· Registered
11,991 Posts
Re: front license plate? (OrlandoR)

Quote, originally posted by OrlandoR »
Why dont you just zip tie it to one of the mesh pieces on the lower portion of the bumper?

That works good, I had mine like that for a while, then just got sick of it and took it off.

G

·
Bro just use two small pieces of 3M Exterior Double-Sided Mounting Tape... that seems to work pretty well and you can put it wherever you want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.