VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thot i was almost done my retarted passat but gues not the front mount wont take the 2 starter bolts i messed with it for an hour and it got dark and but i need to trim a littel bit of the mount so i can get both the bolts to go threw and alsow i had the pleshure of trying to put on the power steering rack boots on cause both wer toast let me just say thay never thot of ever fixing the boots after the car was built and what i seen the passat has this grate desing to rip the boots that are on thier the cut out in the body for the tie rod ens are to small cause lets say u hit a bump the body will hit the boot and if this happens a few times the boots arew gona get ft up and just a buncha other small stupid things in this car that makes me think maybe it was built in east germany

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but on a better note i did plumb the clutch and all that stuff got one of the boots for the rack on and kinda gave up on the other one for now cause i was gona loose it got most of the small things out the way and hopefuly the wether holds and i will mount the starter and bolt up the shifter to the tranny bleed and adjust the clutch and maybe get started on the brakes and bleed them and maybe even put on the other boot

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i think thay are but i have no cash so i will just shave off a bit of steel on the inside thats hiting the tranny and not leting it go on all is like a 1/8 off so it shouldent make anything weaker its just hard to beleave that this auto to 5 spd has taken so long i started in the near end of the summer and still at it like civics and acords i was abol to do in a weekend or 2

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohhh yea the best thing i couldent fined a 5 spd brake rez at the crusher yard so i am useing a standalone clutch rez off one of my old 91 accords so my passat has a littel honda in it lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts