VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Re: Front page article - new T5 Multivan (Mr Wolf)

schoweeeeeet!... i cant wait until i sell my '93 ev and get that one day... 6-speed transmission with a 174hp unit injection diesel?! awesome!

too bad they probably wont sell the 6 speed TDI models over here...

[Modified by vw_ev73, 5:57 AM 1-30-2003]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Front page article - new T5 Multivan (vw_ev73)

This would have made a great Weekender model <sniff>. But no T5 in the U.S.? Looks like I'll be checking out the Odyssey or Pilot. It's a shame.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Re: Front page article - new T5 Multivan (vw_ev73)

quote:[HR][/HR]schoweeeeeet!... i cant wait until i sell my '93 ev and get that one day... 6-speed transmission with a 174hp unit injection diesel?! awesome!

too bad they probably wont sell the 6 speed TDI models over here...

[Modified by vw_ev73, 5:57 AM 1-30-2003][HR][/HR]​
Problem is that there are not any plans on bringing this to the U.S. as of yet, so don't go selling your '93 just yet

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Front page article - new T5 Multivan (Mouser)

quote:[HR][/HR]This would have made a great Weekender model <sniff>. But no T5 in the U.S.? Looks like I'll be checking out the Odyssey or Pilot. It's a shame.[HR][/HR]​
I can't imagine VWoA trying to market both the T5 and the Microbus after the dismal sales of the Eurovan. The Microbus will sell as something that is trendy, and will also capture the "van" crowd (albeit at a higher cost - $35K??!!!). Obviously this is the path that they have chosen, so no T5.
So the interesting thing about the T5 is that the Microbus will share the same platform, so many of the technical details of the T5 are possibilties for the Microbus.
The Microbus will be a 2005 model.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

Well that article and press release suggests that my assumptions may be correct. The Caravelle/Eurovan that is currently based on the T4 will be replaced by the T5 Multivan (which incidently is a very crap name for a premium vehicle) but the commercial versions (that North America doesn't get) will remain much the same at this stage but probably with an improved range of engines etc.
So if you are in the US or Canada give up on the Eurovan and ask to get the TDi Transporter.........which will never be competition for the Microbus cause it will always be too basic to play in the premium market but will still have same underpinnings and engines.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Front page article - new T5 Multivan (Seano)

quote:[HR][/HR] but the commercial versions (that North America doesn't get)[HR][/HR]​
Canada gets Eurovan Transporters (cargo vans) and has received limited numbers of double cab trucks. They are far and few between, however (I don't think they've sold them in a couple of years). And good luck finding any dealer info on them.
Here's one for sale:

And a (diesel) 1997 Transporter for sale:

However, that being said, Canada is in a different game now (VWoA has more control) so I bet we won't see the T5 either - commercial or passenger.

[Modified by Mr Wolf, 7:01 PM 1-30-2003]

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: (Fielding Mellish)

quote:[HR][/HR]I want a T5 TDi Weekender, and I want it now.
Get crackin', VWOA.[HR][/HR]​
Good luck. There won't be any more VW Weekenders, and while there's hope the T5 might make it in some form to the US, I'll bet it won't be TDI.
Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my T4 Weekender. No, it ain't TDI, but that VR6 is a very sweet motor nonetheless. Solid 18.5mpg combined driving, no oil use between 10k mile changes, good power, and very smooth.
Az

·
Registered
33,032 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]And a (diesel) 1997 Transporter for sale:

However, that being said, Canada is in a different game now (VWoA has more control) so I bet we won't see the T5 either - commercial or passenger.

[Modified by Mr Wolf, 7:01 PM 1-30-2003][HR][/HR]​
If you ever see a ALL BEAT up (runing) T4 diesel up there let me know!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: Front page article - new T5 Multivan (Cullen)

I wonder if they will offer a Syncro Camper model (174hp Diesel) at some point... Now THAT could motivate me to start saving some money (or start playing the lottery!)
I'm seeing it now.... 16" wheels, 30 MPG & 450 mile range, selectable suspension (like the Toureg and Allroad), big enough to actually be comfortable for a family of four. Aha! A Sportmobile built by VW!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.