VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What splitter could cover this...the ones I have seen are to low and don't come up the side bend. Can't see it unless you step back but I can't live with it and the front splitters I have seen here look great.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
well damn Adam with all the mods you have done to your R...I am not feeling optomistic
Yeah, it was very disappointing when that front part got all messed up. everyone said I should have had auto hold enabled but I still think the car was at fault. I was on a hill facing down the hill, put car in reverse and it still rolled forward onto a curb. I plan on covering it up with a splitter at some point. or next spring, I'll replace the whole front fender like I did with my MK6 after a year.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yeah, it was very disappointing when that front part got all messed up. everyone said I should have had auto hold enabled but I still think the car was at fault. I was on a hill facing down the hill, put car in reverse and it still rolled forward onto a curb. I plan on covering it up with a splitter at some point. or next spring, I'll replace the whole front fender like I did with my MK6 after a year.
Sorry Adam, I know it sucks but your car behaved like a manual transmission would. The DSG is not a torque-converter automatic.

I had this same thing happen to me in my BMW Z4 M Coupe - did some nice damage to the front bumper. Fortunately it was a lease :D

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Sorry Adam, I know it sucks but your car behaved like a manual transmission would. The DSG is not a torque-converter automatic.

I had this same thing happen to me in my BMW Z4 M Coupe - did some nice damage to the front bumper. Fortunately it was a lease :D
yep, I've come to terms with it and you're absolutely right. It was frustrating but lesson learned. I won't make any changes until after winter since it's bound to get even more chipped throughout the winter. we get a lot of snow and the plows just dig up a lot of gravel and well, I can't afford a Clear Bra yet so fender replacement next year along with my now chipped window (chipped in 2 spots). had it repaired but will replace it next year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was coming down a steep hill on a dirt road where water had washed out a section which then filled in with leaves. Going ~5 MPH didn't help and now I'm in the same boat.

I'm guessing going through insurance wouldn't be wise. What did you guys wind up doing about this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts