VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm away from the car but need to order the parts so i can get the suspension installed ASAP. I'm not sure what mount i have on the car now, the PO might have upgraded when he installed the coilovers... not sure
Will the metal cap with the white/clear plastic ring around it, in the bottom right of the picture... will that work with either the upgraded vr6 bearing, or the old style?

Modified by Gibson5469 at 9:58 AM 6-3-2009

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Re: front strut mount/bearing (Gibson5469)

the cap with the white thing looks like the part that goes over the strut hole, so I dont think it matters.....

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what i thought, it is the top most part that gets put on from in the engine bay.
i have dan j reed's old front struts so i need to upgrade to the vr6 style bearing/mounts because of the spring hat iirc. just didn't see that top metal piece discussed anywhere

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Re: (Gibson5469)

Quote, originally posted by Gibson5469 »
yea thats what i thought, it is the top most part that gets put on from in the engine bay.
i have dan j reed's old front struts so i need to upgrade to the vr6 style bearing/mounts because of the spring hat iirc. just didn't see that top metal piece discussed anywhere

topmost plate can be used with either early or late style strutmounts/bearings
the only thing that matters is that the spring hat, the strut mount, and the strut bearings have to all be early style, or all be later style.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts