VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please disregard the horrible pic, and pay attention to where the arrows are pointing. After the front struts were installed, I noticed a gap at the top. Anyone know what this might be from? Is it because my car is sitting lower? or am I missing a rubber gasket?

Thanks everyone for your help lately...

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: Front struts sitting too high... (SantanaSLC)

From what i know, i think that is normal when lowering a car, atleast i know both my cars did that along with about 4 of my friends cars after lowering em. They get a little gap in the top plate

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: Front struts sitting too high... (KidCorrado)

there should be a little gap no matter what suspension you run between the strut tower and the top cap. The only time they touch is when the suspension is unloaded. If you have around a 1/2" or more of gap, it's time for new upper strut mounts.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Front struts sitting too high... (cramer)

Wow you guys rule. I should be all set then. One other thing though... I know there is a difference between the G60 and VR6 fenders, but am having a hard time finding pics that I can compare the two. Is it just the fact that the VR6 pops out a little more, or are there other differences? I think my autobody guy might have installed a G60 on my VR6 because it isnt lining up. The front part of the arch looks to be a bit thinner too (maybe im just imagining things).

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: Front struts sitting too high... (SantanaSLC)

VR6 fenders are 5mm wider for the wheel arch. Nothing pics will really show..... it just lines up with VR6 bumper where G60 fenders will sit in slightly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts