VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*UPDATE*

034 Motorsport made them for us!

They are available here: http://www.034motorsport.com/chassi...-aluminum-mk-chassis-vw-and-audi-p-21362.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. This just popped into my head when I was helping my friend with his S4.

What you think of this comparison. The front bushings on a S4 look very much like the R32/Golf bushings. I am going to contact them on Monday. Anyone know the size of the front bushings or have access to some to pull some widths?

Thanks guys.

R32/Golf:

S4 Metal:

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassi...t-billet-aluminum-b5b6b7-chassis-p-19343.html

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
In as well. I'm compiling a list of suspension bushings and components. Found out my control arm bushings are starting to tear and squeak, just going to budget out a complete suspension overhaul.

I remember when these were introduced over @ Audizine. Lots of positive response.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I'm curious about this. A few questions for those who have seen them.

1. There doesn't seem to be any flexible material or spherical bearing. Is this correct?
2. Does this effectively mean the subframe is fixed to the chassis?
3. On the web link they speak about clearancing the bushing to the subframe. This would mean there would be no play between two hard surfaces.
4. I understand minimizing the movement from subframe to chassis, but no movement? :eek:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. So I talked to them. They have no idea if it will work or not. Does anyone have a bushing sitting around? This is going to take a test fit.

And yes, it would be effectively locking the subframe down. No movement. It's a good thing.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ok. So I talked to them. They have no idea if it will work or not. Does anyone have a bushing sitting around? This is going to take a test fit.

And yes, it would be effectively locking the subframe down. No movement. It's a good thing.
Probably at the sake of your roof line, but it sure would feel good in your hands.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Grant, do you think that much stress would transfer to the roof line?

and I will look when I get home - I may have a set of bushings...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Grant, do you think that much stress would transfer to the roof line?

and I will look when I get home - I may have a set of bushings...
I am not sure. I know that sometimes, when I catch a reflection just right, I think I have lines running from door to door. I especially have noticed on the outer edges. All I have is lower tie bar brace, coils and stiffer rear sway. Maybe just my mind though. After all, it is just a roof....:beer:

I am intrigued to say the least though. I want solid shock mounts first.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the pics and info guys. I am going to call 034 again on Monday. They were very receptive to the idea and the bushings are made in-house. So we might be able to get something made none the less. lol

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry guys. Midterm took all my time so I was not able to make the call Monday or today. Wednesday for sure. :beer:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.