VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. There's something that's been bugging me though it's probably not a big deal but I wanted some input. I've just installed some Koni streets H&R oe sports and an Eibach rear sway bar on my 03 gli vr6. I was ready to install the new front sway bar but decided to leave it for another date due to the complexity. However I went ahead and put on some 034 front adjustable endlinks. From everything I've read these are supposed to add clearance between the axle shaft and sway bar when lowering the vehicle. I know the springs I chose may not require this but I was just being safe. My question is why is the longest position on the endlinks the same length as the factory units? Technically speaking when the car is lowered the suspension has been raised and this would bring the axle closer to the sway bar. Wouldn't this require a longer endlink as to push the sway bar up and further away from the axle? I was also questioning the need for this adjustability at all. If the endlink is attached to the control arm and that piece along with the axle and knuckle all move up together when the shorter spring is installed, how could the sway bar become closer to the axle anyway? Could the clearance issue be with the top of the sway bar to the fender well? Maybe I'm missing something or just overthinking it. Any explanation on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts