VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i acquired a tow hook from a new beetle today. is there a place to screw it in on the b5? ive never seen a b5 with a visible front tow hook. thanks for any answers. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
17,317 Posts
Re: tow hook (sum1namedjames)

hrmm... wait... this front tow hook thing... why?
I ask because I'm wondering if you might be on to something for the front plate states. On the white lotus below the hook is holding on the bracket for the front plate:

I don't suppose that's where you're going with this?
edited to make captain "it's a lotus" happy

Modified by robbyb413 at 4:12 PM 3/25/2008

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: tow hook (robbyb413)

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »
. On the white porsche below the hook is holding on the bracket for the front plate:

Dude that's a Lotus.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: tow hook (Harv)

Eh, Potato... pototo...
Edited it to make you happy. That's actually pretty obvious shoulda paid closer attention... after all the URL says lotus right in it. The point is the tow hook though, not the car.
Along the same line as the lotus though... Stillen even makes some studs that go right into the tow hook receiver.
http://www.stillen.com/product...m=all

Modified by robbyb413 at 4:14 PM 3/25/2008

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: tow hook (DUKESDANK)

no i mean like this (these arent very good pictures but its what i could find off hand.):

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Re: tow hook (sum1namedjames)

I use to run one on my Old GTi: Idk, just liked the look. Had no function.

You can kinda see it in there.

I have yet to look for a spot on the A4.

Modified by Gti.1love.1life at 6:49 PM 3-25-2008

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Re: tow hook (Gti.1love.1life)

i forgot how ****ing dope your gti was
http://****************.com/smile/emlove.gif

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: tow hook (Love 4 Veedub)

that is a very nice gti.
next time someone has their bumper off, please remember my question, and let us all have an answer.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
thats not a bad idea, Ive had a couple friends cars get destroyed by towing companies not knowing what they were doing, then again I dont know if a tow hook would remedy that situation, but the plate holder is a neat idea as well

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Re: (Euro-tuner)

id like to run a tow hook like that, but last time i had my fogs off i didn't recognize a hole to screw anything into down there.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Re: (kish0000)

Quote, originally posted by kish0000 »
id like to run a tow hook like that, but last time i had my fogs off i didn't recognize a hole to screw anything into down there.

Same, I dont recall seeing anything at all...then again, I was trying to relocate my horn, so...who knows.

·
Banned
1,165 Posts
Re: (Euro-tuner)

Quote, originally posted by Euro-tuner »
thats not a bad idea, Ive had a couple friends cars get destroyed by towing companies not knowing what they were doing, then again I dont know if a tow hook would remedy that situation, but the plate holder is a neat idea as well

paying the bank note on time may help remedy that particular problem...

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Re: (verb.move)

^
I never really understood that idea, the plate is still there and ugly as ever, why put it off center?
Either delete it, or leave it in the center

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
i think that on b6's there is a little cover there for the tow hook, so you dont have to drill any holes in the bumper.
edit:
yea, they have a little cover that you can pull off.
it is just down and right of the passenger washer cover on this b6:

and it is a little circle on this b7:

Modified by verb.move at 8:08 PM 3-25-2008

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (verb.move)

i took off my lower side grille and found there is a built in tow hook hidden inside there. it could be cut and extended to be shown, but im most likely not going to do that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts