VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just got this car on the road early this week and im already frustrated here..
at idle and crusing down the road its got a spudder/miss, like a cylinder dropping out,. i can feel it bog the motor down.
when i get on it, it clears out and runs decent.

its got new cap,rotor,plugs,wires, i fixed a few vacuum leaks, fixed the distributor ground, etc..
Seems like its running rich too and is using a ton of gas.
I tired adjusting the CO mixture and i got it as close as i could on the dwell meter but it didnt seem to make a difference.

any ideas on getting this thing to run better??
Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Frustrating rough/miss problem 83 Gti can anyone help me out? (DeathsHead1979)

Same thing happened to me--it was a lousy fuel injector. replaced it and all the injector seals and now runs sweet!
--jd

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Frustrating rough/miss problem 83 Gti can anyone help me out? (Big CADDY)

Thanks guys, i have injector seals and inserts on the way, i will check timing and clean out the warm up regulater too...
anyone have any advice on cleaning out my injectors??
Thanks again for all your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Frustrating rough/miss problem 83 Gti can anyone help me out? (DeathsHead1979)

People have tried to clena their injectors. IMHO I don't think it can be done. If they are clogged, new ones or professionally cleaned is the only way to go. Some VW dealers have a piece of Bosch equipment that cleans the injectors. New ones are about $40. Sounds like only one of them are clogged. Finding out which one is the hard part.
--jeff dunning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.