VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellow dubbers.....i am selling my 1.8 8v engine and tranny combo.....i purchased the engine about a month ago to replace my blown 1.7 in my 4dr rabbit...i am actually in the process of trying to get finacing and grants to open a local vw and audi tunerstore and retail store....so i have decided to put the rebuild off until winter and a distributor of mine has made me an offer for a 1.8t...so as i think anyone would decide i think the turbo is def a lil more power....now for specs....
1.8 liter, 8v out of a 84 gti with 152,000 miles tranny is a short ratio gti setup and the clutch was replaced about 1,000 miles ago the car which the engine was removed from was a 84 gti that lost a battle with a buck on the interstate in Pa...the gti was owned by a close friend of mine..all work done to the engine and tranny was done by me and my father who builds late model engines...the engine and tranny where serviced together about 1,000 miles ago..we decided to add alil horse power andsome gaskets and a basic freshup when the previous clutch started to go...The engine received a new Autotech cam and ajustable autotech cam gear...we had a local vw shop take care of the head they did the seals and checked the the valve train...we were told the head was in very good condition and that the valve springs were already replaced before and we did not need to replace them for the new cam setup...we had him go ahead and clean and replace the seals and throughly check and tighten the entire setup...the bottom end was done by him also...he replaced all worn seals and gaskets including the oil pan. the oil pump did not need replaced but was cleaned and reinstalled....we then reassembled the engine and tranny..the clutch was just a stock replacement amd the headgasket was also done...the engine comes with aftermarket plug wires,bosch plugs, the distributor with new cap and rotorand the timing belt and tensioner were also replaced... the engine was then put into the gti for a short while until the day of the deer. the car was totaled so we bought the car from his insurance to get everything we wanted on it..the engine and tranny setup was to be installed into my 4dr rabbit ...i started to rebuild the 4dr from the ground up since before i there was only 1 owner...i decided after a lil while that i wanted to go all out on the 4drand then put it offf until winter so i save more loot and would be able to build it the right way...the engine is now in my garage covered over and lubed to remain fresh....it located in New Cumberland, Pa i am looking for $450 obo for the entire setup tranny and engine together i do not wannna part it it goes together...i also can through in another clutch assembly kit that was never opened for a mk2 golf its a brute force kit...i am looking to sell the setup quick so the lesss stufff i have to move to new home for the 4dr...if there is anyone interested and you are local i can take you to see the setup first hand... i will be adding pics hopefully this evening...my m=name is chad and feel freeto email or get ahold of me here thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: fs: 1.8 8v engine and tranny setup from mk1 (hairlessbunny)

hey i just realiaed how long that post is darn sorry about that...to sum it all up 156,000 or so on mtor refreshed head and bottom end....autotech cam and cam gear....new gaskets and bushings...near new clutch you can check it out in person if you would like...new cumberland, Pa $350 obo also will throw in a new clutch kit fir a 8v ...let me know

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: fs: 1.8 8v engine and tranny setup from mk1 (SP Scirocco)

sorry man havent been online lately well i have a ecu to my 1.7 in my rabbit but not one that came with the 8v the tranny is the jh and its cis injected...as for the rocco dude the engine is in awesome shape i really wanna run it but got a good deal on some other things and cant pass them up....who ever buys it i promiss you will be real happy...let me i need to move it soon so i may be willing to go a tad bit lower if picked up in the next couple days....thanks for the interest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.