VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: 17" track wheel/tire combo $600

3K views 11 replies 1 participant last post by  curvedinfinity 
#1 · (Edited)
Wheels: Sport Edition F8 17x7.5 +42mm, advertised to weigh 20 lbs
Tires: Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec in 245/40 17

New price: $500 OBO

I am selling the car, so my track wheels just need a new home. Wheels and tires have been used at 4 track events and otherwise stored in my garage.

Wheels are in excellent condition. Only damage is a bit of brake dust that has caked on. As far as the tires go, one tire has chunking and should be replaced. Other tires are in good condition, with about 4 more track events or 6,000 street miles (one summer's worth) of tread. The messed up tire could be driven on the street, but would be dangerous if driven hard.

All four wheels/tires:

Well above the wear indicator:

Some of the caked on brake dust:

The one tire's chunking (should be replaced):

Here's me at an event:

Using these wheels/tires, I have the second fastest lap listed in the laptimes thread for that track (Summit Point Shenandoah):
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4070572

These tires are street legal, which makes them a great starter set for anyone looking to get into autocross or HPDEs. They are highly rated in all tire reviews I've read. They're the best tires I've ever driven in the rain.

Its a great price for what you get! They are located in Winchester, VA, and I will drive them to you for gas money if you're within an hour of me.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.