VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Graduation gift from my brother, i'd say about 75% restored. Replaced all window seals, computer, electricals up to date, 5spd manual, power steering, new front brakes, red w/black leather seats from 88 944 turbo, Porsche script handles and rear aero valance from 88 944 turbo, 66k miles but speedometer was replaced with one that says 3x,xxx, so this car is TMU, I did a full strip-down and fresh respray in factory guards red, paint job alone was $2500.
As far as the usual suspects as maintenance is concerned:
Timing Belt was done 2.5 years ago by a Porsche shop
About 1.5 years ago I had the tension checked to be OK. I put barely 350mi on the car since then.
The clutch has about 2,500 mi on it from new.
Any questions PM me.
Pictures speak for themselves..
Asking $3,500
Do not PM me, please call (201)541-4918

Modified by fahrfrumlosin at 2:13 PM 3-20-2008

· Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FS: 1984 Porsche 944 NA, 75% restored (Harv)

Other 25%
1)Minor interior bits
2)Engine Dress up
3)Minor sunroof adjustment (closes and seals fine, just needs to be reset and adjusted
4) Buyers Choice: repair a/c
5) Steering has a little play in center
6) Horn inoperative
This is the right car for the right person willing to spend the time and little cash. Check out Excellence magazine and you'll see I priced the car accordingly with what the going rate for the car is now.
Reason for sale: Would like to free up some debt and I don't get to drive the car much (have 3 others).

· Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: FS: 1984 Porsche 944 NA, 75% restored (Armour)

Obin Robinson would attest to driving a 944NA as a DD.
For myself, I never had the car not start on me..except if the battery was dead from the car sitting from not being driven. The engine runs very strong, but could use a tune up.

· Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: FS: 1984 Porsche 944 NA, 75% restored (VwG60Kid)

When I first put on the Momo wheel 2 years ago...the wiring mess was from the PO who used to have an alpine 6-disc CD-changer in the glove box - the wire is just hanging there..been lazy to yank it out.

Modified by fahrfrumlosin at 1:34 PM 4-11-2008

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.