VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 VW Golf GTI VR6
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Testing waters here and seeing if someone in the community would be interested in a halfway done mk2 project 12v VR6 5 speed manual trans.
About 8 years ago i bought this car from a good friend and loved it. Originally came with the 8 valve but after having the car sitting for some time i decided to throw a vr6 in it. Thanks to this forum i was able to get all the goods i needed for the swap and got it going last year. The inside was gutted as i was going for the track look but then decided to put the carpet, door cards, and seat back. I did not put the ceiling cover back as it cracked on the corners in the removal process. Everything i took off is still somewhere in my garage.
Car has very little rust. There are some spots here and there but nothing that would make it be on the rat rod category. The undercarriage was sprayed with undercoat. Engine bay was stripped and sprayed over with some fresh paint. Everything i did to this car was by myself so there were a lot of man hours spent on this project thus far.
Some parts i was able to transfer and use from the donor car but others i bought new. Engine has new chains & guides. New Axles. New Control Arms. New Exhaust Manifold w/ Down pipe. I'm currently in the process of finishing up the brake lines. Once the car has brakes it should be good to be on the road.
Big reason why i'm even thinking about this is because the wife and I are planning to get a house soon. Figured that instead of moving this car to my new garage i can find something else later on and have someone take this off my hands so that it can get finished and be on the road by next year.
It's currently just a thought at the moment of selling my project car because i've spent so much time building it. Had the car for a solid time now and if I don't like what i see i'll most likely keep it so that my kids one day can have fun with it.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post 🍻

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’d like to see some pictures if the car. Also where are you located and what is your asking price? All of those things will be factors for me or any other potential buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mk2Wolf

·
Registered
1991 GTI G60
194 Posts
Pictures would be nice, interior and the rust spots you mentioned, its important when trying establish a price for buyers that we get the full picture of the car for sale. The video is a good start but only shows 1/3 of the complete car. Thanks for listing it, look forward to the updated pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts