VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Re: FS: 1991 GTI Stage 3+ 1.8T (how much is 5 plus 2)

i think i remember this car being for sale a while back and i tried to get it.
what do you mean it needs an ignition? just the switch? or the whole assembly where the key goes?
anything wrong with it mechanically?
would it make the trip to indianapolis?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FS: 1991 GTI Stage 3+ 1.8T (VWDugan)

Quote, originally posted by VWDugan »
i think i remember this car being for sale a while back and i tried to get it.
what do you mean it needs an ignition? just the switch? or the whole assembly where the key goes?
anything wrong with it mechanically?
would it make the trip to indianapolis?

someone tried to steal it, needs the whole assembly. I actually have one I have just been too lazy to put it in, but I will before it sells. Nothing mechanically wrong with it, it was an amazing daily driver for me. With the ignition I would drive it to Mexico and back.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FS: 1991 GTI Stage 3+ 1.8T (VWDugan)

Quote, originally posted by VWDugan »
interested in a trade for a 97 jetta 2.0T?

edit: maybe, send me some info about the car.
I am not discriminating against any engines, I can always throw my built 1 8 or a vr in the right chassis. Offer me whatever, worst I can say is no, right?

Modified by how much is 5 plus 2 at 12:26 PM 4-27-2010

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Seask)

Quote, originally posted by Seask »
someone tried stealing it? I thought you sold it getting gas?

I did, then i bought it back, then someone tried to steal it. I will replace the ignition and boost controller/gauge soon so its drivable again. Thats really all it needs, and a radio and like a 1500watt amp, but thats not a necessity. If it doesnt get sold or traded Ill just pull the motor and tranny and throw them in a rado or an a3 shell. Or maybe another a2 hatch.

Modified by how much is 5 plus 2 at 12:05 AM 4-29-2010

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (audib6neusp30)

Quote, originally posted by audib6neusp30 »
thought you sold this thing for 6500? now your bought it back? why?

The price was right. I love this motor, and I have tons of parts for it. If no one buys it, or wants to trade something other than an 8v mk3 golf, (because I already have one) I will most likely put this motor / tranny in a 4 door mk3 hatch and rock it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Re: (how much is 5 plus 2)

can we see some current pictures of the car? not these tired old pics you keep posting. everyone knows it can beat a honda, he prolly wasnt even racing. please dont use the excuse of my gf has the camera or my laptop crashed because you already used those excuses in the other 20 threads trying to sell this car.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (audib6neusp30)

Quote, originally posted by Bannedfortrolling »
you love the motor, yet you're trying to sell it again? why lie? you never sold it in the first place.

I meant I love it as opposed to a 2.slow or a 16v. Although it is one of the strongest 1 8's Ive driven. I have 2 other 20v engines I can put together, HOWEVER, I dont have another ecu or standalone for it, so this was the easiest way to have a running 1.8. Why lie? I need a beer. It was gone for a couple months, then the guy was in a jam, needed some money so he asked me if I wanted to buy the car back. Price was right, so I did. Then it got broken into and the ignition was popped out. No big deal if it sells again or not.
Quote, originally posted by audib6neusp30 »
can we see some current pictures of the car? not these tired old pics you keep posting. everyone knows it can beat a honda, he prolly wasnt even racing. please dont use the excuse of my gf has the camera or my laptop crashed because you already used those excuses in the other 20 threads trying to sell this car.

When I get around to it Ill take some current pictures. These 60 - 70 hour work weeks are getting to me. Doesnt look much different, Ill take some of the whole car. I dont have a camera though, my girlfriend does. I dont have a laptop anymore, because it crashed and i punched the screen out. Why do you care though? Youve done nothing but bash it. I only made one other tread trying to sell it, and took that down when it sold.
bump for the haters, I must be doing something right. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Id really like to get into a VR and turbo it this summer, hence the sale/trade. As much as I appreciate people bumping this thread, please PM me from now on if you have any opinions, unless you know the car, have seen it run, or ridden in it. Everyone who knows it knows the motor was built right. I have changed the head and internals numerous times since I have had it, but it is back to the way it was originally built (stock internals, stock head and valvetrain). Im keeping my other internals and valvetrain, built head etc for a big turbo build, and dont want to tear apart a 20v thats already built. Id really like to keep this thread posetive. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.