1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: 1992 Passat CL - 5 speed - Central NY - $600 - drivers wanted

For sale:
1992 Passat CL 5 speed
212,000 miles, mostly highway. I bought this car two years ago with 150,000 on it. I drove constantly for work and always kept it maintained.
Car is from Pennsylvania originally (another forum member), no rust on underbody at all. Small spot of surface rust on rear door (in pic) and small spots on trunk lid area.
Some spots of paint peeling on top as the car has been painted before. Slight dent on drivers door below trim line. Drivers door is used from salvage yard (same color). A guy backed into me with a trailer hitch in a parking lot and punched a neat hole through original door.
Otherwise car looks great and "non-ugly".
Interior is good condition. Clean dash and no seat rips. Carpet is great.
rear seat area looks brand new. All door panels are perfect. Included is original extra door panel and extra drivers mirror (from wrecked one).
Being that this is a Passat CL, there are no power windows or other serious electrical problems. Half of the dash lights flicker and go out. I believe this is a solder joint problem on the board that is described by some on this forum. Otherwise everything works perfect. A/C will work but may need charge.

I recently put $500 in OEM parts into the car.
List of new parts:
Battery
Kumho Solus Touring tires (2,300 miles on them)
Strut bearings
ball joints
tie rods
caliper boots and pins
rear wheel bearings
EMPI drive side CV axle
front wheel bearings
Bosch triple electrode plugs
The car needs:
4 strut/strut cartridges
cat back exhaust
4 brake discs
1 rear caliper or rebuild kit
shift cables (eventually)
The car includes a brand new box of Mintex red box brake pads, spare fuel pump (working) and many other small parts.
The car has been my daily driver and works great. Always starts and runs with lots of power. Gets top gas mileage as well. Amazing for 200,000 miles!
Basically shocks, brakes and exhaust will get you a reliable daily driver.
All the parts I've taken off so far have been VW originals believe it or not. Nobody has touched the car very much since it was new. The previous owner replaced all the fuel system components (fuel pumps, accumulator etc.) and found out he had some other simple problem.
Other than that, this car is pretty intact.
The Passat is located in Central New York near Auburn/Syracuse area.
You can come and drive it anytime till the end of the month when the inspection expires. If the car does not sell, I'm going to store it and work on it later. Going to be going on a cross country bike trip for 3 months.
Now for the pics:

All email inquires to:
[email protected]
Thanks for looking!
Tom
PS - The car will be in Rochester, NY this weekend Sunday/Monday (18-19th). Email me and I'll show it off. Also, for an extra fee, I'll deliver the car to Buffalo, Rochester , Syracuse, or Watertown NY (actual buyers only) Possibly NYC as well.

Modified by PassatByNight at 9:26 AM 6-15-2006

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.