VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A "Pre-Spring" bump and a slight price reduction. The car really hasn't moved in the past few months but with Spring around the corner I thought I would give it a bump and see if there is anyone out there who is interested in this nice car.I

I will say that one of the joys of owning this particular MkIII model is that classic insurance on it is available and dirt-cheap. I have a policy through American Collectors that is about $400 a year for $25k in coverage. The stipulations are pretty simple; 2500 miles per year, garage-kept and not daily driven with another car being insured as your daily driver.

-Paul

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
End of April bump. Just let me know if you have questions or any sort of interest in the car. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Post July 4th bump! I am extremely motivated to sell this at this time. The car is amazing and I just recently replaced the MAF with a new OEM unit and had a few issues with the A/C system sorted out.

It isn't that this isn't a great car, but my garage is a bit tight on space these days and I would like to get this one to someone who could appreciate all of the time, effort and $$ that have gone into making it amazing.

If you have ever looked at this ad and thought "cool car but not for me at this time" just hit me up. I would welcome the chance to see if we can make a good deal for both of us. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm interested if we can workout a deal. Also, I already have a set of 17" ATS Type 10's.
Thanks for reaching out! I am sending you a private message, so just let me know if you didn't get it. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bump from the bottom. The car has been stored away for the past few months and I recently pulled it out, did an oil change and have been driving it a bit. It starts and runs perfectly and it is absolutely capable of being a daily driver to someone if necessary.

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Bump for the end of January! I drove it a bit this past week and after spending a few hours detailing it, put it back to storage under its new car cover. This $130 accessory will be included in the sale. :)

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Every time I see this bump, Paul, I try to fabricate a reason for owning this Cabrio. I want a VR6 in my life and this puppy is just so fantastic!

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Every time I see this bump, Paul, I try to fabricate a reason for owning this Cabrio. I want a VR6 in my life and this puppy is just so fantastic!
Thank you Joe. The easier thing would just make arrangements to have it shipped out so you could enjoy it in the Spring. :)

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Thank you Joe. The easier thing would just make arrangements to have it shipped out so you could enjoy it in the Spring. :)
:cool:

You've been married longer than me, Paul, so I will ask your advice. Have you had more success asking for permission or forgiveness over the years?

:laugh:

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Very Nice Cabrio
Thank you both very much!

Here is a short video I took a few months back. Don't mind the dust on the car in some of the low-light shots; that isn't rock damage, just the car being dusty. The new cover does a great job of keeping it clean while it is stored. Also, my voice sounds slightly "Kermit the Frog-like" to me.

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
A middle of April bump. I drove it the other day and it was just amazing to drive. I am about to move a few miles away, but am available to talk at any time if you are interested in discussing your potential ownership of this car, don't hesitate to reach out to me. :)

·
Administrator
23,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This is a 90 day bump. Thanks for the PM's, all have been responded to.

I am very interested in selling this, so please feel free to reach out to me if you have some serious interest in it. :)

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Beautiful car, and love the color combination. I have a black e30 that needs an interior refresh and I'm showing these pics to my GF to get her over her aversion to color. :laugh:

Good luck with the sale! It might be worthwhile to set a reserve auction on BAT with this one, lots of exposure! :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.