VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi A7 Prestige, 1996 VR6T Cabrio, 1989 Tristar Syncro TDi, 1980 Scirocco "S"
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Engine:
-Full AAA VR6 conversion from a 1998 Jetta GLX
-Recent timing chains and tensioners/wires/plugs/coil pack/gaskets/seals
-Full head rebuild less than 3 years/1500 miles ago
-CTS Turbo kit with 44# solution (Garrett T3/T4E with 63ar), 3” downpipe, Precision wastegate- turbo and manifold have been ceramic coated/ secondary fuel pump to support extra fuel
-9:0:1 head gasket spacer
-Fresh reseal of the top end and valve cover
-ARP head studs, ARP connecting rod bolts, upgraded crank bearings
-New 42dd crack pipe, thermostat housing, all new silicone water hoses
-New starter, rebuilt alternator, water pump, secondary water pump, AC compressor, receiver/dryer, AC fittings
-2.9 liter clone intake
-3” aluminum MBE exhaust with high-flow catalytic converter –w- custom tip (freshly powdercoated rear section too)
-UM 42# tune and “K” ecu
-Mk5 R32 oil pump with shortened Eurowise oil pan
-Custom AWIC setup from JDL Designs in Phoenix
-Snow performance methanol injection system (plumbed from the oversized Euro headlight washer reservoir)
-Eurosport oil cooler kit

Transmission and driveline:
-02A Corrado transmission (freshly inspected and checked) with diesel 5th gear
-Quaife Differential
-South Bend Stage II “Endurance” clutch kit with fresh flywheel (all work performed less than 1,500 miles ago)
-New axles
-BFI Stage .5 engine mounts
-Audi TT short shifter
-O2J tower and controls
-Dieselgeek shifter bushings

Brakes:
-Full Mk3 DE setup (11.3” fronts, 8.9” rears) with brand-new slotted rotors, pads, stainless braided lines, freshly bled setup less than a year ago.
-New wheel bearings front and rear

Suspension:
H&R ultra low Coilover kit with new Powerflex upper strut bushings and new bearings
R32 lower control arm bushings
New tie rods and ball joints and fresh alignment
Autotech Clubsport front (25mm) and rear (28mm) swaybars and upper front stress bar (powder coated)

Body:
-The car was brought from Florida to Arizona for this project
-Repainted in 2011 in BMP, including engine bay, door jambs, trunk, etc.
-Shaved antenna and washer squirters
-European front and rear bumpers and front core support/rear support modified
-All new lighting upgrades performed in the past year (new dual chamber headlights, candied taillights)
-Included is a rear Euro trunk and trim for the rear bumper inside the trunk
-VR6 lip
-Non-power cloth top with black headliner and new top pad, new boot
-New rain tray cover, Mk3.5 cabin filter conversion
-Completely renovated blend door foam and replaced the heater core while doing this.
-New windshield, seal, and plastic trim

Interior:
-Mk4 square bolster seats and front tracks modified to accept the front seats the correct way (cutting the Mk3 track guides out and welding in Mk4 center track)
-doors, rear side panels and trunk have been dynamatted
-Entirely custom interior work by Ceballos Customs; $1900 in the cost of the red hide material alone, along with double French seams, custom center perforation, custom door panels, custom finished trunk, hand-wrapped center console, custom shift boot and parking brake boot.
-Extensive Alpine/JDL/Alpine/MTX stereo included
-All switches and gauge lights replaced with red
-Rebuilt (by BBA Remanufacturing) cluster with all red lighting

Wheels and Tires:
-ATS Type 10’s in 17x7.5”, painted with a BBS Diamond silver finish
-Tires are Nitto Neo Gen 205-40-17 (about 1500 miles on them.

So, here's the deal with this car. I bought it in 2014 for the sole purpose of having a project to work on while another project of mine was in the pipeline, and what started as a simple project snowballed with the first change that I made, which was the interior. The quality of the interior set the stage for the rest of the car, and as I have built quite a few great-quality VW projects, this one sets somewhat of a new bar.

To put it mildly, at the price I am asking you are basically buying it for $.50 on the dollar, with most of my parts being bought at wholesale pricing. That doesn't include the time and energy that went into building it and the time that it will save you to buy it in this sort of shape. Keep in mind that the interior by itself was about $7,000.

Thanks for looking.
-Paul

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi A7 Prestige, 1996 VR6T Cabrio, 1989 Tristar Syncro TDi, 1980 Scirocco "S"
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. :) I appreciate any possible leads amongst friends if you know someone who is interested in a car of this kind.

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post 4th of July bump! I just recently replaced the MAF with a new OEM unit and had some additional work performed on the A/C so it really works well!

I am motivated to sell the car just due to a lack of garage space and other hobbies taking up my time, so if you have ever thought that you wanted to talk about buying this car, just hit me up on PM and let's talk. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2016 Golf R, 2001 Cabrio VR6
121 Posts
Nicely built. I'd buy it if my '01 Cabby VR didn't have so much sentimental value to me.

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! I drove it a bit this past week and after spending a few hours detailing it, put it back to storage under its new car cover. This $130 accessory will be included in the sale.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
End of the month bump. :)

Here is a short video I took a few months back. Don't mind the dust on the car in some of the low-light shots; that isn't rock damage, just the car being dusty. The new cover does a great job of keeping it clean while it is stored. Also, my voice sounds slightly "Kermit the Frog-like" to me. :what:

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mid-April bump. I drove it the other day and it was glorious. Let me know if you have some interest and want to talk about it further. :beer:

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a 90 day bump. Thanks for the PM's, all have been responded to.

I am very interested in selling this, so please feel free to reach out to me if you have some serious interest in it. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Really trying to bring myself to do it. But I'd rather spend the money on my own Cabby. Sad to see a Cabby in need of a home. Don't let it go to any trashers.

·
Super Moderator
23,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you both for the kind words. I actually am taking it up to my interior guy to have him install a new black German Haartz cloth top, dampening pad and also some other little interior upgrades. :)

If it doesn't sell I'm just going to keep tinkering away at it. No sense in not enjoying it while I have it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just hold onto it until I win lotto, then I can have twins.

Out of curiosity, is this a Puebla built car?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts