VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 1996 Volkswagen Passat GLX VR6 wagon to help cover the down payment on another vehicle I am purchasing. I'm asking $4500, but am open to any offers as I want it sold as soon as possible! I will not cover shipping or arrange shipping. Will provide any photos/videos/information that isn't already on this post, I'm selling the car as is and want to highlight every aspect of the car and hide nothing. I do have this posted on some local selling pages as well, I will comment when the vehicle is sold. Link to the pictures will be in the comments below.

I purchased the car last year wanting something unique for my daily driver and I've been driving it pretty much exclusively since I fixed it up mechanically. It is sitting at 41,187 actual miles, the original owner didn't drive it much and it came out of Minnesota when I bought it. Because it sat for years and didn't get driven much, I had a number of repairs done to it to get it back to 100% mechanically.

List of Repairs Made, which I have service records for, all done at Volkswagen of Sioux City:
New oil pan gasket, along with two gaskets by oil cooler
New valve cover gasket
New spark plugs
Transmission fluid flushed
New timing chain and all associated components
New rear main seal
New coil pack
New crank sensor
New fuel pressure regulator
New rims and new Yokohama Avid Ascend GT tires (slightly over 5,000 miles since installed, rotated at 5,000 miles)
New driver's front CV axle shaft and CV axle shaft boot
Installed new front driver's side marker light with bulb
Regular routine maintenance/oil changes when required

The only things that don't work on the car, to my knowledge, are the power mirrors. I do not know if it is mechanical or just a fuse/electrical issue, I didn't care enough to look into it. A/C is still cold, heat is hot for the winter. Rear defrost works, fog lights, the whole nine yards. The only other issues with the car really are a couple of rust spots, which I have photos of. Driver's door is the worst of the bunch, along with some small spots on the driver's wheel well, passenger door, and a couple miniscule ones up front. The door handles are also a little finnicky, but the car comes with three door handle replacements that I haven't installed. It also comes with the title, bill of sale, original owner's manual, an "original" first aid kit that came with the car, custom Weathertech cargo tray, all my service records, and both a Cassette to AUX converter and a Bluetooth radio transmitter that both work.

Feel free to drop a comment here if interested. Thanks for taking the time to check the car out, it really is a good car and I'm hoping it goes to an actual VW enthusiast who will appreciate and take care of it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.