VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up a B9 S4, and I’m being honest with myself and admitting this is just going to sit and collect dust. I just don’t have the time for it.

It’s a 1996 Polo Harlekin, imported from Belgium by Open Air Imports in December. The car is very clean and well taken care of (I have a pile of paperwork from the previous owner). I have not titled it yet, but being 25 years old that’s easily accomplished. This is the first legally imported Polo Harlekin for legal US registration. It has coilovers on it, but I’d replace them (they are well worn). It comes with 16” Borbet Procasts with brand new Nittos.

Issues:
Small (quarter size) rust bubble on the passenger front door.
Small surface rust on driver floor that can be cleaned up and sealed.
Could use a nice polish and sealant.

I have not titled it yet. I got the car when I got home from deployment and I just haven’t had the time to get it done. I am working on that now, and if I get it titled the price will be firm.

The car starts, runs and drives great. I am asking 15k for it. I can arrange transport if needed. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Thanks!!

Update The Polo is being titled this month. Just waiting for the state to set my appointment for VIN inspection. I also replaced the coilovers with a brand new set, along with the strut mounts and different NOS Hella magic colours. With that being said, the price was adjusted to 15k. If you don't like it, I'll keep it and get the rust fixed and the car polished.

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Reactions: California 16v

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not unless I can get something to put on it. They’re my only set.

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Up. Lowered the price to 12k. I am still losing too much at that, but I want it gone.

Reactions: California 16v

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll be that guy that says put it on BAT as I imagine the forums don’t get much traffic. Other than that, this is really cool and GLWTS.
So they actually denied the listing lol. I was kind of shocked. But that was the plan

Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump. I’d trade for a clean Mk1 or Mk2 as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So they actually denied the listing lol. I was kind of shocked. But that was the plan

Thanks for the compliment.
Why did they deny the listing?

Just curious as I may have missed it ... what engine does it have?

·
Registered
Your Sister
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why did they deny the listing?

Just curious as I may have missed it ... what engine does it have?
They didn’t sY unfortunately. It has a 1.4L in it like 99hp or something.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This thing is awesome! I would love a Polo but have you considered putting it on cars and bids.com? Similar to BAT I think and you can put a reserve on it but I sometimes the no reserve get more money. GLWS

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat VR6 4Motion sedan
2,675 Posts
This would totally be my midlife crisis mobile. Good luck with the sale. Sorry I can't take it off your hands but we're buying a house soon and all funds have been diverted. Again, beautiful car, good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts