VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my beloved 2004.5 Jetta GLI, Platinum Gray, 6 speed manual.....

I am the ORIGINAL owner. Bought new on 5/4/2004, used it as my daily driver for 2 years, then have had a second car ever since. Basically since 2006, I've put under 700 miles on it a year (last year was only 200 miles). As you can tell, I drive it less and less. It has been garaged it's entire life.
A few weeks ago, I bought a house on my own and am realizing it's pretty pointless to keep this car. I only have a 1 car garage now (which the GLI sits in), and I would like to free it up so I can put my 2012 GTI in.

I just took current pics of it, which you'll see below. They are pretty crappy pics, but I'm a single home owner now and really don't have time to go out and take quality photos....I've got a million things on my list of to-dos! A few of the pics are from last year, which nothing has changed anyways.

History:
I showed my GLI at Waterfest 2 years straight, and placed 1st in the stock class, with scores of 96 and 97 each year. I have also showed it at other car shows in CT, NH, VT, and ME. As I've gotten older, my priorities have changed, so it hasn't been shown in at least a few years.
Only been driven for 2 winters. Car has always been hand washed and waxed by myself only, waxed with Zymol carbon (including the HD cleanse prior to wax). It's always been dried completely after each wash, including the door jams, engine bay, etc. The engine bay is insanely clean. After I drove it those 2 winters, I spent hours detailing the engine bay alone....you honestly can't tell it's ever seen a winter.

Paint is still flawless. Better than showroom condition.

The interior is flawless as well. No rips, tears, etc on the seats. I don't even wear rings, so there is no wear and tear on the rubber material on the door cards like you see on the MKIV's.

Tires are the original set of Goodyear Eagle F1's. Yes, original. They still have tread left, the only thing is that they have slight dry rot starting on the sides (from sitting obviously). There are NO flat spots. I have driven it a few times this year and they ride perfectly.

Maine state inspection is good until October and the oil was just changed last week.
All oil changes have been with Mobil 1 0w-40, and VW oil filters only.

All work/mods were done by my boyfriend (now my ex). He is super anal about all his work and cars, so everything is done with perfection. I have receipts for everything. I have both keys, and also have the valet key....but I need to dig through some boxes because I can't find it since I moved....frustrating!

The windshield was replaced after it got a crack in it (believe that was back in 2004/2005). I had it replaced with an OEM VW windshield by the guy that does work for the VW dealership. I didn't want a hack job as most people get with windshield replacements (where they don't do the gasket properly and it develops rust over time). The new windshield ended up getting a small rock hit, which I ended up having filled. I can point it out when showing the car.
That is the ONLY negative thing about the car, and it's actually really minor.

Mileage:

Exterior:
smoked side markers
BBS center caps
BBS valve stemp caps
short antenna
3M clear bra (full kit - hood, grille, rubstrip, front bumper cover, headlights, front lower spoiler, fenders, mirrors, front of rear wheels, rear bumper lip) The install was done professionally in 2004 by Dave @ Protection Plus in Shrewsbury, MA. His work is perfection, and since then he's done 2 of my other cars.

Interior:
New South boost guage (a-pillar), perfect match lighting
Mikado garage door opener

Misc:
KVW window flash module (so you can control the windows with the key buttons)

OEM+:
Illuminated dash vents
Eurowitch
Phatnoise
Aluminum hood lift
Aluminum trunk lifts
Aero wipers

Performance:
R32 short shifer
APR software (stock|91|93|100 octane programs, anti theft, security lockout, fault code erase, throttle body alignment)
APR turbo back exhaust (stainless)
H&R Race springs
Bilstein shocks/struts

Extras:
3 sets of floor mats (all OEM), includes: 1 set of carpet (daily driver mats), 1 set of brand new carpet (used only for car shows), 1 set of Monster Mats (only used 2 winter seasons)
Most stock parts, including: exhaust, headlight switch, wipers, side markers, suspension
Original window sticker from dealer, plus spec sheets (all laminated)

Price:
$14,000

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. I unfortunately don't have time to waste these days, and I don't want to waste anyone else's time either.
I will not accept low ball offers, so don't bother.

PM me if interested and I'll give you my email address and/or cell to call or text

Pics............
(close up pics are to show cleanliness or mods)

GLI_04 by Veedubgli, on Flickr

GLI_02 by Veedubgli, on Flickr

GLI_03 by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9163_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9108_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9101_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9109_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9110_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9111_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9112_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9113_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9114_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9115_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9116_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9117_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9118_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9119_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9120_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9121_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9123_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9125_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9126_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9127_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9130_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9139_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9140_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9141_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9144_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9150_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9155_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9157_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

DSC_9159_resize by Veedubgli, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Better than buying new. Cleanest one around. You will not be disappointed with this car. Perfect example and has been pampered in every way.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This car is cleaner than most cars coming off the show room floor. If you have been waiting for one of those rare super clean finds, this is it. Good luck with the sale Kim.

Brackett

·
Registered
51 Posts
:eek::eek: Free bump for a down right amazing GLI. Wish my price range was a little higher and id be there tomorrow Great pics by the way, quick and too the point.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is the model/color/trim of car that turned me on to VW's. Residually why I pulled the trigger on my '12 GLI. Best of luck with the sale, the car is immaculate. I can't imagine you'll have too hard a time finding a buyer for, at least very close to what you're asking.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is very very true well my bike and 66 mustang are for sale so if either one of these sell i will be in touch. this car is gorgeous.. please dont sell it to an idiot who is going to ruin it! free bump. :thumbup:
I hope that doesn't happen.
I have thought about that and it's why I prefer the sale NOT be local. I don't want to see it around.... Unless I know the person, like when I sold my 20th, it went to the perfect buyer....a friend that works at the dealership and takes great care of it.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I hope that doesn't happen.
I have thought about that and it's why I prefer the sale NOT be local. I don't want to see it around.... Unless I know the person, like when I sold my 20th, it went to the perfect buyer....a friend that works at the dealership and takes great care of it.
my 04.5 gli was totaled by a drunk driver.. i loved that car soo much ( its tattooed to my leg ) and i looked and looked for a non destroyed gli and i couldn't find one so i got a mk6 gti. why couldn't you have been selling 2 yearsss ago : ( if my bike or car sells i will rent a car trailer and drive up to Maine ! i already showed the wife the thread lol.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
my 04.5 gli was totaled by a drunk driver.. i loved that car soo much ( its tattooed to my leg ) and i looked and looked for a non destroyed gli and i couldn't find one so i got a mk6 gti. why couldn't you have been selling 2 yearsss ago : ( if my bike or car sells i will rent a car trailer and drive up to Maine ! i already showed the wife the thread lol.
Oh man....that sucks.
I never thought I'd sell this car, but things do change. Before they released these GLI's, I had an 88 GLI 16v that was in near mint condition, even with 220k miles on it. I wanted a more modern car, but nothing compared to having a VW with BBS wheels and Recaro seats. I then came up with my affordable dream car in my head, and then months later I found out that VW was going to make exactly what I had dreamed up. I knew about the GLI before the dealership did. Was working in retail pharmacy as a certified tech at the time (ie wasn't making much $$). I started packing my lunches and saving every penny, so when they finally started trickling into the dealerships, I could actually afford one.

Good story, right? :popcorn:

Oh, and I hope you like your MKVI GTI. I bought one last year. I do love it, though the GLI is a nicer car for sure. But......the MKVI makes a better daily driver for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Free bump for a awfully clean gli! GLWS!! :thumbup::thumbup::laugh::beer::beer:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts